Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, actually you can forget what I said about UCLA earlier. Apparently, Cowan's got a collapsed lung, and they'll be starting a converted receiver at QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not going to start that walk on 3rd stringer guy?

b
Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We will have to agree to disagree, but I think ASU is a fraud

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the whole Pac 10 is a fraud this year then, isn't it?

b
Old 11-06-2007, 03:46 AM

If you're going to add a TD that "should" have been scored to ASU's total, you need to take away the one they scored after Oregon went into shutdown mode too, since it was in no way indicative of how the game actually played out. Oregon showed pretty clearly that at Autzen they are about 10-12 points better than ASU, in my opinion. I have trouble seeing how anyone who watched the game could disagree. At ASU it's obviously much more close, but Oregon is still at worst a 2-3 point favorite. If after watching the game you think ASU is better than 50/50 to beat the Ducks in Tempe, I don't know what to say to you. Sure it's close, but Oregon is clearly better by a bigger margin than HFA will make up.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 AM

rwp -

While watching every snap as usual [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] it looks like if Jayson Williams had better hands Ore would have had at least 42 if not more points. Dixon looked great passing and his play actions / handoff fakes are excellent. They def went conservative with Leaf at the end after his knee scare, due in large part I felt that they were up more than 10.

Dids -

I felt Dixon would have re-entered if ASU had scored. I however don't ASU is a fraud for being ~60/40 dog to a top 3 team on a neutral field.

anyone else still reading esp Duck fans -

Sat was about as good at it gets for a Duck fan. Read the SI article about Ore and watched them jump out to an early lead, and keep it the whole game.

Obv USC owns the perennial power in Pac-10 but in a perfect year w great sr QB, great JR RB (who may leave to draft) and the best def in years it is great to compete for Pac-10 and BCS titles.

The big worry is dropped passes, I hope the coaches decide to do less long passes on 3rd and 5 type plays and look for first down type routes, to TE and other WR's who may not have the deep speed Williams has. Williams seems to do fine on the short routes as well but is having problems with the long ball. IMO he must be the best at getting open because Dixon was still looking for him a lot despite some dropped balls.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oregon did look like the better team on Saturday, although that difference is 100% accounted for by home field.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good point.

Not that Autzen Stadium is a real tough place to play in for visitors or anything. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I still think Oregon is the best this year but if this were at ASU the game might've been a bit different. Though I still think Oregon would've won. I don't think ASU would be over 50% at home, but it would be close.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah not that intimidating, only 60k people were at the game and I was one of them!!! It helps for Oregon that there 3 big games this year were at home against USC, CAL, and ASU.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:19 AM

JaIson Williams has been a pass dropping machine his entire career, and it's the one thing that holds him back from being spectacular. If you could transplant Aaron Pflugrad's hands onto Williams, he would be the best wide receiver in the conference. He has great size, great speed, runs great routes, and there's a reason Dixon keeps going to him, he's too good not to throw to. Unfortunately, it's a given that he'll drop at least one, usually two or three, easy catches in any given game.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sat was about as good at it gets for a Duck fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe as good as it gets, so far.

I would imagine getting to a Rose Bowl or the NC game would be as good as it gets. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 11-06-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JaIson Williams has been a pass dropping machine his entire career, and it's the one thing that holds him back from being spectacular. If you could transplant Aaron Pflugrad's hands onto Williams, he would be the best wide receiver in the conference. He has great size, great speed, runs great routes, and there's a reason Dixon keeps going to him, he's too good not to throw to. Unfortunately, it's a given that he'll drop at least one, usually two or three, easy catches in any given game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Marcel Reece in Ducks clothing.

b
Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM

To be clear,

ASU is not a fraud for losing to Oregon.

They're a fraud because they should have/did in a prefect universe lost to a horrible WSU team and have zero impressive wins. The only thing close is Cal, and Cal's looking horrible.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:29 PM

I used to like you Dids.

T