Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 05:04 PM

Default tournament ruling question

im curious what the ruling from the floor would be in this situation:

player a moves all in in EP
folded around to sb who lifts his cards to be sweated by his buddy who is the player on his right who just folded. clearly exposing his hand to another player (which everyone at the table would verify), and then making a call.

had player A stopped the action before the flop/board was ran out and called over the floor, what would the ruling be? hand killed? time penalty after the hand? just a warning?

would like to know what an official TD ruling would be in this spot.

thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: tournament ruling question

[ QUOTE ]
had player A stopped the action before the flop/board was ran out and called over the floor, what would the ruling be? hand killed? time penalty after the hand? just a warning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the only active player is the BB who is sitting to his left. If player A was persistent in calling me over for this sort of thing I might warn him not to waste my time (BTW this is pretty much a joke). I would advise the player not to do this because some players might feel he is some how gaining an advantage by showing his hand to someone not in the pot.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM

i see. so there is no TDA ruling/penalty for discreetly showing your hand to another player, or players, at the table before you have acted on it?

whether or not information/advice is solicited cannot be determined

also assume player A has never called the floor and is considered classy and respectable :P
Old 09-18-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i see. so there is no TDA ruling/penalty for discreetly showing your hand to another player, or players, at the table before you have acted on it?

whether or not information/advice is solicited cannot be determined

also assume player A has never called the floor and is considered classy and respectable :P

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be better if it wasn't done. TDA rules say specifically that it isn't a dead hand. A penalty could be issued, but I don't see anything here that is worth giving penalty for. The rest of the table is entitled to see that hand after he is done with it.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 PM

ok, ty. when it took place i knew that a warning was most likely, and POSSIBLY a hand penalty.

i asked mostly because the sb in question himself had been an annoying nit/whiner all day and had called the floor on 2 separate occasions on other players for trivial things. and then himself goes on to engage in the behavior in OP, so i was tempted to call him on it, but didn't as i was sad busting and didn't really care.

was asking out of curiousness, as he could easily have shown player on his right a hand like 55 and then be told quietly "i had a 5" or AJ and be told "i had an A" etc etc, and i considered it slightly out of line.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, ty. when it took place i knew that a warning was most likely, and POSSIBLY a hand penalty.

i asked mostly because the sb in question himself had been an annoying nit/whiner all day and had called the floor on 2 separate occasions on other players for trivial things. and then himself goes on to engage in the behavior in OP, so i was tempted to call him on it, but didn't as i was sad busting and didn't really care.

was asking out of curiousness, as he could easily have shown player on his right a hand like 55 and then be told quietly "i had a 5" or AJ and be told "i had an A" etc etc, and i considered it slightly out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its more than just "out of line" which implies a mere etiquette violation. It is a rule violation. But the remedy is to show the rest of the table after the hand (since the showee is not in the hand at the moment) - so to that extent its not a major infraction.

--Zetack
Old 09-19-2007, 12:57 AM

Off with his head!!!!!!!