Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Default 10NL - Top Pair facing river shove

Jsust sat down at the table because I saw a total spewtard who I was playing earlier. He was 57/17/1 over 150 hands, just kept on reloading. didnt pick up much but then this happened:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($16.25)
SB ($11.30)
BB ($10)
Hero ($9.90)
MP ($9.85)
CO ($7.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.95) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.9</font>, Button calls $0.90.

Turn: ($2.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, Button calls $1.25.

River: ($5.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero???</font>

BTW I know...fold those rags UTG, but I got myself into this mess...
Old 11-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Top Pair facing river shove

I don't mind pre-flop as long as most of the table is tight and/or terrible. If there are some loose call station type players and you are likely to see a flop 3+ ways you need to fold.

Flop play is standard.

your turn bet is too small. I bet $2.50 here.

If this guy is a serious spewtard then snap call the river. The majority of his range is any two clubs, any 9, and any ten. He probably shows up with a weak jack or 8 or other stupid busted draw some of the time too, depending on what type of spewtard he is. There are wayyyy more hand combinations you beat then there are Tx hands.

If this is the type of fish that is just as likely to call down with any pair as he is with a draw then a smallish river value bet would be an ok play if u don't want to get all the money in. I think c/c usually has a better expectation though.