Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 11-23-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: PokerRoom refuses to cashout US player

"lebowski,
I have to think you can see the difference btwn allowing a player to close his account by sending him a final cashout and simply cutting off in future deposits.

To your other question, moving to another country would not allow me to get my money back either as the account is registered and created in the US."

have they confirmed this? i would be very surprised if this were true.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:54 PM

Thet are being A--holes if they refuse to send you a check. Ask them to send it just in precisely the same manner they send out checks to europeans, only to your US address. If they refuse to do this, tell them you will take legal action and report them to whatever regulates them. It is your money. YOU CAN BE SURE - THERE IS NO LAW BEING BROKEN BY THEM SENDING YOU A CHECK FOR YOUR MONEY. They already broke the law (if poker is against the law - see discussion elsewhere) when they accepted your US money for "gambling" purposes after 10/13/06. And when they had their grace period, they were just as much in violation of any law as they would be now. The law is an excuse. What if they owed you money because at one point you had done some work for them? Legally, its exactly the same.

But sometimes it is better to be creative than to openly fight. PM TheEngineer, he always has good advice.

Skallagrim
Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. If you can find a way for us to send you your money, please let us know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems ludicrous to me. The UIGEA targets transfers TO gambling businesses, not transfers FROM gambling businesses.

I don't know of any regulation or law which prohibits somebody from returning your own money to you.

They should be able to legally send you a check drawn on any institution anywhere and you should be able to legally cash it. (At least as far as the US Federal government is concerned.)
Old 11-23-2007, 08:18 PM

Default TruePoker wants US poker players business and is willing to help ...

I would agree that this sounds ridiculous on the part of the poker site.

I would go further, as we would certainly like to GET business from US players who are in this situation with poker sites which refuse to cash someone out just because they are from the US.

I want to offer what assistance we can to Card or anyone else who has frozen balances at sites which simply refuse to pay US players.

So, if anyone wants to contact Pokerroom or other sites with this policy, I am willing to offer those players BOTH a First Time Deposit bonus and the ability to get a cashout .... TruePoker will accept a transfer of funds from PokerRoom or other US-phobic site, via wire or other means acceptable to that site and credit the player with a TruePoker account for your transferred balance. We will also be glad to give such players a First Time Deposit bonus.

We have no issue cashing out US players' withdrawals and would welcome their business.

We can certainly allow US players to cash out.

Card, feel free to suggest to PokerRoom that we are willing to accept a transfer offshore on your behalf. (If they want toconfirm this TruePoker policy, they can email management@TruePoker.com).
Old 11-24-2007, 09:11 PM

I think that you should try to contact PokerRoom again. I tried to cashout earlier this year and their check bounced due to bank issues at their end. They noted that they will no longer issue checks to US customers, but that you can setup an online Wirecard account and that they will transfer your funds to the Wirecard account. I have always enjoyed your posts so I hope this leads to giving a little back to you. Let us know how it works out.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:53 AM

Thanks, Galron. UNfortunately, PokerRoom mentioned this to me as the option no longer available to US players. You know, through their Indian/British accents, I thought they were saying "wildcard".

This is my most recent communique:

Hi there,

Thank you for your recent <contact> regarding your cashout. I apologise for the delay in responding to you.

We are experiencing unforeseen difficulties surrounding cashing out to US registered players. We are currently waiting for more information from our Payments department, which we will pass on to you once it is available to us.

We apologise for this lack of information, and assure you that we are working hard to find a suitable solution for you.

Should you have any further queries, please contact us again.

Regards,
Jeftin

PokerRoom.com Support Team

On November 24, 2007 at 3:37 AM,

>Please just send me a check for the balance in my account. I assure you, my bank will cash it. Even if the bank doesn't cash it, I'm in no worse spot than I am in now. You are not breaking any laws by sending me a check. If you broke any US law, you broke it when you accepted a placed bet.. You are not breaking it by sending me money. It's just the same as if I did some work for you. This is money owed to me. Write a check to me the same way you'd write a check to anyone else. There is nothing illegal about that.
>
>Thank you,
>Brendan
Old 11-25-2007, 11:54 AM

You know, I still haven't dealt with the same person twice.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:59 PM

ummmm....chip dump it to a non-us player
Old 11-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Do you have any friends that live in Canada/EU? Maybe you should move in with them for a couple days.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Really they should have cashed out your money automatically in form of a check.