Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 AM

Default LC: Myjestic Star rasing BBJ standards

I was playing there yesterday when probably the best dealer imo said that they were rasing the bbj qualifying to aces full of kings instead of tens. They would like to see the bbj get to about $50,000. I know this doesn't matter but just a heads up.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: LC: Myjestic Star rasing BBJ standards

Someone do the math on this!!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: LC: Myjestic Star rasing BBJ standards

Beware of Don Barden, the owner. If what you say is true, that will increase the joint's "hold". "Hold" is money counted and maintained as "MONEY WON", from gamblers. So, they are increasing their daily "win", and will be "holding" for longer periods of time. Even, when the jackpot hits, they won't pay the entire thing...etc...
Majestic is an over-rated poker room. It seems nice, because it is basically in a midwest poker wilderness. The owner is trying to MOVE the joint from it's current location, to another part of the state. There is also a "license" issue. He has two licenses for that one property. It is his position, he should be allowed to use the second license for another joint in another location.

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing there yesterday when probably the best dealer imo said that they were rasing the bbj qualifying to aces full of kings instead of tens. They would like to see the bbj get to about $50,000. I know this doesn't matter but just a heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]