Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 02:13 AM

Default dumb question for you UB vets now on Stars

I haven't played 2-7 online in months, didn't have any money in my stars account and UB is teh suck. I am only playing 5/10 and 3/6 but the games are much softer than I recall. I also seem to run hotter than I did at UB but thats just icing on the cake.

Are the Stars games that much better than the UB games were? is the game texture as different as it seems to be?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: dumb question for you UB vets now on Stars

5/10 is a million times softer on Stars than it was on UB. 3/6 maybe a little bit. 3/6 on UB was also really soft most of the time. (HUSH games, however, are much tougher on Stars.)

And yes, the game texture is radically different.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:36 AM

Everyone on Stars 10/20 and lower is a nit. Feel free to break to them constantly. Feel free to snow them constantly. Just do not try to make them break or bluff them on the river. Also be prepared to accidentally value bet their hands for them hilariously often when you think your hand is unbeatable the way the action goes down.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone on Stars 10/20 and lower is a nit. Feel free to break to them constantly. Feel free to snow them constantly. Just do not try to make them break or bluff them on the river. Also be prepared to accidentally value bet their hands for them hilariously often when you think your hand is unbeatable the way the action goes down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given how much I'm in these games, he's probably talking about me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 11:38 PM

omg I have been terrorizing these games, I have never played 2-7 online before when it was this juicy HU and 3-handed, the tilting is out of control! In 2 weeks I havent lost more than 2 BB in any session, and on average I am leaving the table with sick amounts of bets (small dollar amounts because I am not playing bigger than 5/10 but its still nice to be such a terror). Why didn't anyone tell me about the quality of Stars games sooner [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
2-7 online is more a hobby than a serious game for me, but still I am surprised because not only is my luckbox working, the opponents want to give their money away. How nice!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:38 PM

I took a break but have been back playing the 15-30/30-60 games and they are great right now. A lot of 'regular' players who spew massivly and play the river really badly.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took a break but have been back playing the 15-30/30-60 games and they are great right now. A lot of 'regular' players who spew massivly and play the river really badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a call next week, need a checkup since I haven't played regularly in a while. So far only one losing session (and that was a 25 or so BB dump), this is sick! poker was never this easy before. Its as if the opponents, even the allegedly good ones, turn their hands over for me to see. UB was never like that, the exception is the few spewtastic guys who love to snow. Havent they figured out yet that snowing is vastly overrated?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 PM

I think it's hard to overrate snowing. This is more true on Stars than it ever was on UB.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's hard to overrate snowing. This is more true on Stars than it ever was on UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

The snowing I am talking about is the guys capping 2 streets with 24244 in their hands only to discover I have a hand on the river. I see that a lot. Also I noticed the Stars players pick off bluffs left and right with Q & K high without even putting thought into the cleanliness of their bluff catching, even in smallish pots.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:21 AM

I snow here and there not minding if i get caught can value bet the river looser. After you get caught snowing people refuse to save bets with you. I dont see much other value in making a lot of snows. Just seems like a losing play if you have to put in a lot of action to make the snow.

I love Stars players who make a lot of draw 2 on second draw check raise snows. Esp when they value bet this spot very tight when they drew 2 to a real hand. Its scary how many of these I have picked off with loose calls. Great tilt-inducer to pick these off as well.