Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Default 500bbs deep at Wynn

I went to the Wynn to feast upon the JUICY 10/20nl with 20k and stumbled upon a three handed 50/100nl. I recognized Tim, (a regular in gabe thaler's venetian 200/400 ) JoeB, (bellagio 25/50 grinder) and Randy Jensen "the dream crusher". It occurred to me very quickly who this game was designed around. Randy is your quinticential donkament station. I wasted no time and bought in for 20k before he went bust. Half an hour later I have 55kish in front of me and am covered by Tim and Randy. Randy has been bluffing at me incessantly and is on pajunky-monkey tilt when this hand goes down;

I open 350 UTG with 22. Randy makes it 1100 outta SB, and tim cold calls outta BB. I call. Flop is Q92 rainbow. I have a boner. They check to me, I fire $2500 into $3300.
Randy has about 8k in chips in front of him along with 100k in cash and annouces a raise of all the chips. I flat call. Do you fellas like a raise here? I really felt like if we're going to put 500bbs in on the flop he's going to show me a better hand. Turn is a beautiful Q. Randy leads 10k... I make it 35k and plan to barf, then call a shove. All comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: 500bbs deep at Wynn

I dont see much wrong with the hand, I don't really trust his line here, Would he not lead the flop with AQ in stead of checkraise? Then again it's hard to say cause he is not a cash player so his hand values might be a bit messed up.

off topic: I was at the Wynn that night btw in the 10-20 game. The 50-100 game looked great. I like Tim as a person but he was on life-tilt in that period. Joey wasn't really clearminded and Randy is a cashdonk. Sick game to be in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Old 09-30-2007, 01:02 AM

Depends on how big a donk he is, I don't think you can fold a set here. On the flop I'd raise for sure.. Q on the turn is beautiful? How do you know he doesn't have KQs AQs etc.. his play makes that very possible. What was your image to him at the time?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:11 AM

I had been running over the game. I had taken 30kish off Randy and 5k off Tim in the last 30 minutes-hour.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:32 AM

looks good, id probably think for a while call the turn and get it in on the river. (shove over a bet) he's not ever bet/folding a made hand here (Qx) and may actually fold an overpair or whatnot on the turn but would instead bet on theriver. and of course he could have a ton of bluffs that you dont want to shut out. if he ever has 99 w/e, but this is just such a beautiful spot.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 AM

Turn seems like a good spot to tank for a couple seconds and then just call, then get it in on the river. He's obviously not laying down a Q but given that it's Randy who could still be firing with ATo or something, I would let him keep the initiative.

Kirk
Old 09-30-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on how big a donk he is, I don't think you can fold a set here. On the flop I'd raise for sure.. Q on the turn is beautiful? How do you know he doesn't have KQs AQs etc.. his play makes that very possible. What was your image to him at the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize OP has a set on the flop. This means he now has a boat on the turn whereas AQ or KQ just has trips. And I'm not sure what hands you think are going to call your flop reraise. This is a hand we want to target his stack. Betting him off his hand is just bad poker.

Also, I agree with Bobbo and Kirk with turn/river line.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:43 AM

Thanks man. I think you're right. The play woulda been flat call and shove over a bet on the river. I really gotta give his overpairs and bluffs some more rope with a cc on turn. Hehe.. woulda saved myself 40k too with the river being the ole' second nineball and he shows me 99 for quads.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:59 AM

Calllllllll the turnnnn
Old 09-30-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to the Wynn to feast upon the JUICY 10/20nl with 20k and stumbled upon a three handed 50/100nl. I recognized Tim, (a regular in gabe thaler's venetian 200/400 ) JoeB, (bellagio 25/50 grinder) and Randy Jensen "the dream crusher". It occurred to me very quickly who this game was designed around. Randy is your quinticential donkament station. I wasted no time and bought in for 20k before he went bust. Half an hour later I have 55kish in front of me and am covered by Tim and Randy. Randy has been bluffing at me incessantly and is on pajunky-monkey tilt when this hand goes down;

I open 350 UTG with 22. Randy makes it 1100 outta SB, and tim cold calls outta BB. I call. Flop is Q92 rainbow. I have a boner. They check to me, I fire $2500 into $3300.
Randy has about 8k in chips in front of him along with 100k in cash and annouces a raise of all the chips. I flat call. Do you fellas like a raise here? I really felt like if we're going to put 500bbs in on the flop he's going to show me a better hand. Turn is a beautiful Q. Randy leads 10k... I make it 35k and plan to barf, then call a shove. All comments on all streets appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

call the turn...and see what the river is and evalute--almost never folding unless it's a Q or a 9, and probably just calling the river bet anyway. Bet river if checked to, pretty close to full pot. Shoving river is often burning $ this deep.