Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Just Saw Sicko, Now Have Question

seriously. youll never hear me advocate that everyone needs t o live in at least a 4 bedroom house or driev a certain model car. it is not the job of govt to make everyone's standard of living equal. IT IS govt's job imo to make sure everyone has a minimum standard of living, ie adequate health care and at least some opportunity to better themselves through education to kind of level the playing field, because some people start off way ahead of others in the game of life. i do not begrudge rich people their wealth/income at all.

it's no coincidence that most well-off people tend to vote more republican. they have got theirs so what do they care about the poor? until they get laid off and develop leukemia and need a transplant but can't afford it, then they lose their house and car and need to go to a homeless shelter, but oh wait, there aren't any because the republicans cut the funding. don't think that hasn't happened to people.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:52 PM

You are a genius. The difference between an adult and a child is that an adult can often make a choice a child cannot. While as an adult I am personally against government controlled primary education. I am not opposed to its funding.

I am not an ACist and I believe Government funding for infrastructure can progress society faster than private funding. I beleive education to be included in infrastructure. A voucher system would be ideal imo.

Back to the topic:

Health care is solveable through the free market. While some might need help, dependent children, elderly, disabled, there is no reason my neighbor should help pay for my healthcare when I was too irresponsible to take care of it myself.

Best Wishes, Emperor
Old 07-25-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a genius. The difference between an adult and a child is that an adult can often make a choice a child cannot. While as an adult I am personally against government controlled primary education. I am not opposed to its funding.

I am not an ACist and I believe Government funding for infrastructure can progress society faster than private funding. I beleive education to be included in infrastructure. A voucher system would be ideal imo.

Back to the topic:

Health care is solveable through the free market. While some might need help, dependent children, elderly, disabled, there is no reason my neighbor should help pay for my healthcare when I was too irresponsible to take care of it myself.

Best Wishes, Emperor

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the health care of children? i suppose you support government funding of that if it is necessary to ensure they are al covered? if you don't, you're a total hypocrite.

anyway, i don't share your crude philosophy of children vs adults. i feel like everyone is entitled to a minimum standard of living and that no one should be without a roof over their head(whether it's in a shelter or a house), food to eat(doesn't have to be 4 star, just something nutritious so they don't starve), and health care to keep them healthy. why are these concepts so foreign to so many people?

btw, it's no coincidence that life expectancy has increased as the govt has gotten more and more involved in health care. life expectancy has increased greatly from the 1960s till today.

you can call me a rockefeller republican. nelson rockefeller is my political idol and it's too bad that the republican party has veered so far to the right. mike bloomberg is also good.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, so you're basically defending the status quo system of Medicaid and Medicare? If you're not, in what ways is your vision of healthcare different from the status quo?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must admit I'm moving into the school of thought that health care is a right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what it is called when you believe you have a "right" to that which must be produced by someone else's labor?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just really cant comprehend why people want to pick up the slack for the poor/fat/unhealthy/etc of society, it doesnt make sense to me. You are rewarding people for making poor decisions seems very counter-intuitive to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid juvenile diabetics. Pick a better pancreas next time! Morons.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what it is called when you believe you have a "right" to that which must be produced by someone else's labor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... theft?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just really cant comprehend why people want to pick up the slack for the poor/fat/unhealthy/etc of society, it doesnt make sense to me. You are rewarding people for making poor decisions seems very counter-intuitive to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid juvenile diabetics, pick a better pancreas! Morons.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok suzzer, no one is talking about them. i didn't even see guids mentioned diabetes. but you cannot deny the huge link between obesity and type II diabetes.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... theft?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of slavery, but, six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... theft?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of slavery, but, six of one, half a dozen of the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what it's called when you people constantly derail by threads by bringing the old libertarian canards into every discussion?

Tr-l-ing

Fill in the blanks.
Closed Thread