Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 06:57 PM

Default ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO

I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to the twoplustwo community and ask for help. My accounts have been compromised and $ has been stolen.

BACKSTORY:

I believe I know who the suspected villain is. A few days ago I was having a conversation with HoldemGod( Avatar is Homer Simpson) from Stars on AOL Instant Messenger. I had spoken with him from time to time for about 2-3 weeks. He asked me to look over some hands for him, but unfortunately, I was absent minded and DL'ed what I thought was HH's but rather it was an EXE file. This allowed HoldemGod to plant a trojan virus or a keytracker virus on my computer.

This morning all but $470 in funds were gone from my neteller. All were sent to Full Tilt Merchant. I just emailed Full Tilt to find out which account these funds were sent into as they are not in my account (which is Rojosox) The funds here were $25,200. ALSO, this person who hacked my stars account and was asking everyone to trade $ from Stars to Full Tilt. I have found out that this person successfully transfered $25000 to $tinger88 and $tinger88 (whose AIM I do have) transferred the $25k on Full Tilt to eddiefelsonn If you know who this player is please help me. For some weird reason there are still funds in my pokerstars account. I have just sent an email off to Stars and asked them to freeze my account. I sent them 3 emails in the last hour and no email has been returned. This person also got into my aol account because they "new" emails of the transfer were in the "recently deleted" I ask any and all of you for your help on this matter. I want to know what I can do to 1. Retrieve all funds stolen and 2. Go about prosecuting who I believe has my funds.

I apologize for the non thoroughness of this message but I am in a state of shock right now.

Also, if someone could email stars and tell them this story I would appreciate it just in case he had support@pokerstars.com blocked OR had any email i sent there to be redirected elsewhere.

Thank you for your time,
Jared
Old 01-07-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO

variance
Old 01-07-2007, 07:01 PM

I was originally just going to say, how do so many people fall for these types of things.

But, now I realize people like to trust people and think not everyone is a scumbag. Wrong!

All people are greedy and evil.

Fwiw, that sucks and hopefully you'll get your [censored] together and be fine
Old 01-07-2007, 07:04 PM

i am copy pasting this to support@pokerstars.com right now, also pm me if ur not comfortable disclosing your aim, but i may have some info ur interested in
Old 01-07-2007, 07:07 PM

yes yes, but how much did you lose?
Old 01-07-2007, 07:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this story, but I have to be at least slightly skeptical here. Stinger is a very well known player who has a good repuation, and is also a co-owner of Cardrunners. I really just don't think he would ruin his repuation forever and disgrace his business for what is about 1 buyin at his normal games.

I think what's more likely is that someone transfered to him to either hide who they are, or he believed that it was actually you transfering him the money for some reason.

This post is another post that makes me worried, but I guess the best thing to do is just be careful what you download, and never keep very much money in any online site or Neteller.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to hear about this story, but I have to be at least slightly skeptical here. Stinger is a very well known player who has a good repuation, and is also a co-owner of Cardrunners. I really just don't think he would ruin his repuation forever and disgrace his business for what is about 1 buyin at his normal games.

I think what's more likely is that someone transfered to him to either hide who they are, or he believed that it was actually you transfering him the money for some reason.

This post is another post that makes me worried, but I guess the best thing to do is just be careful what you download, and never keep very much money in any online site or Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're misunderstanding the post. The person successfully transferred $$ to Stinger88 as part of the way of getting the money off of the site. Stinger88 was duped in the same way that Skipolo was.

Skip's account is hacked, and the hacker then asks Skip's friends (other high stakes players) if they will do a money swap. He sends the $25k to their Stars account, and they send $25k to the FT account: however, the FT account is the account of the hacker, and not the account of Skipolo.

This really sucks, Skip. One of the big recommendations on this that I would look into is having a separate computer dedicated just to poker, and don't install AIM/whatever else on it. Keep it updated with security updates, and install the following programs:

1) Keepass - for password management.
2) Kaspersky antivirus.
3) DiamondCS ProcessGuard - helps prevent against rootkits and keyloggers.
4) Spybot S&D antispyware software.

This is just a pretty cursory bit of advice, but it'll certainly help high-profile targets such as yourself from being hacked in the future.

In the meantime, get a hold of FT support and Stars support ASAP.

Rob
Old 01-07-2007, 07:28 PM

I didnt read into this anything about him being suspicious of stinger necessarily.
Rather I read it as "this happened and is as far as I can track it so far".
It's entirely possible he was just laying out the facts and asking for help from there.
It's also possible stinger just thought he was doing a transfer like normal and had no awareness something was wrong with the source of the funds.

This sucks OP. Good luck. Hit the dataminers up for any help tracking down possible chip dumps.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:32 PM

Um, I don't think he implying Stinger did anything wrong.

Anyway, I really hope things turn around for you. Good luck.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:40 PM

I posted what happened on my end in HSNL