Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

View Poll Results: 14. 6m UTG w/ 33
Raise 7 18.92%
Call 5 13.51%
Fold 25 67.57%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for November!

[ QUOTE ]
dont be hatin'

[/ QUOTE ]

No hate, just sarcasm.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:55 PM

AA has been treating me well today
these hands were fun

******* Hand 1 ********

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) yourface is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, yourface calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
yourface checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (11.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, Button calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.75BB
<font color="#ffffff">yourface shows AH AC </font>

******* Hand 2 ********

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) yourface is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">yourface 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, yourface calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9SB, 3 players)
yourface checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">yourface 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (15BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 17BB
<font color="#ffffff">yourface shows AH AC </font>
Old 12-01-2007, 06:08 PM

grrrr
villain took a long time before betting the river

Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $15/$30
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) yourface is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $30</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($90, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $15</font>, BB folds, yourface calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($120, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $60</font>, SB calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($240, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $30</font>, yourface calls.

Results:
Final pot: $300
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows AH 6H </font>
<font color="#ffffff">yourface shows JH KC </font>
Old 12-01-2007, 06:32 PM

So I played 3/6 live again. I hit 2 pair about 10 times in a couple hundred hands and I think I won once. I ended up down 9BB, but that's with running really bad so I'll take it. If I would have had a couple of the 90+% to win hands hold up it would have been a huge session. I also made some 'online' moves because I haven't yet completely adjusted to the way these people play.

Some more things I've noted:

- Haha. What's with all of the deck washing and seat changing? I know it's a luck thing, but it's funny how it's musical chairs every time someone leaves.

- Wow, there are some real children out there. Some cantankerous 60+ year old dude next to me played for the whole 9 hour session that I was there for and was still there when I left. His wife would come by every hour or so (this went on for at least 5 hours) saying how exhausted she was. His response every time was a bunch of expletives and then something about how he has to win back the money he's lost. Of course, he's not a winning player by far so he could still be there for all I know. One time he got up to scold her, making quite a scene in front of the table and managers, but also lost his balance and fell onto me. He also smelled like rotten mouse and the table in front of him had a forecast of 100% flurries from all of the dandruff flaking off of him.

Another guy that seems to be a regular is a complete gambler. I've met a few of these guys now. He loves to build big pots and then rub it in everybody's face afterwords. He has this really annoying laugh after and sits there with this childish grin on his face. This really bugs a lot of the players. There are some real feuds that develop because of this. I just laugh as I cap my KTs 8 ways. Also, he has no front teeth.

- Live play has the same variance as online play. After maybe 500 hands of live play I've seen a lot of really bad beats. In my 300 hands session yesterday I was 1-5 outered constantly and there were 3 quad hands at the table (2 from the same guy.) It's funny how people could possible say that this stuff doesn't happen live.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:24 PM

Hilarious
Old 12-01-2007, 11:31 PM

miles your PM box is full. here's the camstudio stuff you asked about:

mine had a problem with low sound too. I think what you're supposed to do it is configure the mic input volume, which didn't work for me

I also had a bit of the sound delay thing. dunno how to fix to fix that but it wasn't really significant in my vid

the video settings I used were
codec: microsoft video 1
quality: 45
set key frames every 10 frames
capture frames every 100ms
playback rate 10fps

audio options for mic:
22.05kHz stereo 16 big
interleave video and audio every 100ms

if you have a DC membership they have a vid making tutorial video somewhere
Old 12-01-2007, 11:34 PM

I was in Whole Foods earlier (yeah, I get it, I'm gay).

My girlfriend pointed this out to me. She found it really amusing. I was proud.

We would have bought some, but they didn't have any chunks - just entire wheels. I am not robusto enough to purchase an entire wheel of cheese.

Edit: The Blackberry Pearl camera obviously rocks.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:25 AM

my past 6k hands im running 43/47 @ +1.29 BB/100
im also down 517$

Im going to go punch something.
The end
Old 12-02-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was it you who posted the hand where villain just called the river with his made straight and said it tilted you too?
Thoguht the hand sounded famiiliar

PS. Newest 2+2 Magazine article is up

[/ QUOTE ]

Is goot, can't wait for part two...
Old 12-02-2007, 01:02 AM

Hello all. Here are my random thoughts.

1.) Getting tilted because your opponent plays badly (in the form of missing a value bet or raise, aka, your opponent is playing too passive) is pretty [censored] stupid in my opinion. He is saving you money, be happy. It has never happened to me yet I see references to it here time and again. I only get pissed when my opponents act too aggressively and cause me to fold the winning hand.

2.) Heisenberg plays 10/20 and is pissed about being down $517 over his last 6k hands. Thinly veiled brag?

3.) You all rule. But Gehrig especially rules, even if he only uses this thread to bitch about running bad while violating my #1 observation.

4.) The robusto sign is funny.