Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Disney Stock for my Kids

Yea that's a lot different of a situation. By all means go for the Disney then!
Old 11-25-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My kids will be more than well off, and two $500 investments are not going to make or break their financial future, so I'm not too worried about putting $500 into one stock for them. They already have 529s and mutual funds in their names (through Vanguard), but no individual brokerage accounts. I was just trying to do it in a way to minimize the fees and hassle since we'd probably only be buying small blocks of shares. And it will be kind of cool when we go to Disneyland next year to tell them that they own part of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My grandparents did this for us when we were kids, fyi. I loved the thought has a kid I owned disney, I didn't care about what it was worth or how the stock did. It sparked my interest in stocks and prompted me to start investing my money instead of buying random [censored] when I was about 15. I sold off my Disney shares last year to pay for a portion of my school and although I got a nice chunk of change for it, I was a little sad.

My suggestion based upon experience in this area, DO IT! One day your kids will thank you and your parents for it because there really is no better gift.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:38 PM

And today you can be proud of saying you have the best avatar! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]