Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

I suspect that Jamie probably thought it wasn't an immunity idol, but in her situation she had nothing to loose. I would have done the same thing.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 PM

I just missed what happened with James/Jaime/Idol.

Can someone PM me and fill me in? Or give a summary of the event on this thread?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 PM

That was funny to watch,... for the first time, James is showing he does actually have some stategy working here. The guy has some personality, could be the editing in the prior episodes to make him look like a machine, but he has some wits about him that did not come across before. I've liked him from day one. I hope he takes it down.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:29 PM

OMG...

Jaime on her knees....smiling....in a bikini....

Unreal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 12:03 AM

John Robert does need to shut up at the meetings. Notice Todd never says a word. Granted he isnt asked anything but I doubt he would say much or at least not along the same lines
Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I love JRB calling out Courtney, and he's 100% right. People like that absolutely make it far because they aren't considered a threat so all the power players pick each other off and players like her are just used as swing votes. LOL at her being too dense to figure out what JRB was saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Survivor history is littered with pre-merge weaklings who, upon merge, get forgotten about and sneak their way into the voting majority and ultimately into a Top 4 spot, and in some cases (Vecepia, Season 4), win the whole thing.

JRB's right, you can't forget to bounce Courtney when the time comes.

As far as the preview goes, Todd's thinking is right in wanting to try and bounce James - he IS the physical threat and does have two idols. Two problems with that.

1) AFAIK, the idol can still get played post-vote. If not, well, there's then...

2) That this strategy is the right play if you're sitting on a concrete alliance. Problem is, despite tonight's vote, Todd isn't sitting on anything solid at all. Courtney and Frosti went along this time, but if the right break comes and they can do something with Erik and Pee-Gee and... (of course, the preview "we got 5" is dripping with false hope).

There's also JRB and Courtney not getting along. This is honestly the first alliance I can remember where two people in it openly bring the hate onto each other and then vote the same way (for the most part).

Then there's JRB being told he's part of Team Todd/Amanda. Frosti being told he's part of Team Todd/Amanda. Courtney/Frosti together (?). James/JRB together (?). Todd/Amanda/Denise being the core group of 3... and so on. Nothing solid at all.

But who knows, already post-merge tradition's been broken.

Under normal circumstances, tonight's vote would be for Erik being the "strong male" to hit the turf. Instead he still lives.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also I love JRB calling out Courtney, and he's 100% right. People like that absolutely make it far because they aren't considered a threat so all the power players pick each other off and players like her are just used as swing votes. LOL at her being too dense to figure out what JRB was saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Survivor history is littered with pre-merge weaklings who, upon merge, get forgotten about and sneak their way into the voting majority and ultimately into a Top 4 spot, and in some cases (Vecepia, Season 4), win the whole thing.

JRB's right, you can't forget to bounce Courtney when the time comes.

As far as the preview goes, Todd's thinking is right in wanting to try and bounce James - he IS the physical threat and does have two idols. Two problems with that.

1) AFAIK, the idol can still get played post-vote. If not, well, there's then...

2) That this strategy is the right play if you're sitting on a concrete alliance. Problem is, despite tonight's vote, Todd isn't sitting on anything solid at all. Courtney and Frosti went along this time, but if the right break comes and they can do something with Erik and Pee-Gee and... (of course, the preview "we got 5" is dripping with false hope).

There's also JRB and Courtney not getting along. This is honestly the first alliance I can remember where two people in it openly bring the hate onto each other and then vote the same way (for the most part).

Then there's JRB being told he's part of Team Todd/Amanda. Frosti being told he's part of Team Todd/Amanda. Courtney/Frosti together (?). James/JRB together (?). Todd/Amanda/Denise being the core group of 3... and so on. Nothing solid at all.

But who knows, already post-merge tradition's been broken.

Under normal circumstances, tonight's vote would be for Erik being the "strong male" to hit the turf. Instead he still lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think they got it right that both those girls, PG and Jamie, would stir up stuff more than Erik. He seems like the type that would never stab anyone in the back.

This has to be one of the dumber casts of all time. When Jeff said "remember, the game never stops" it was so apparent there was going to be some type of quiz immunity challenge.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:18 AM

One thing I don't think has been mentioned, but is worth considering, is that there must be some rule in place that prevents a player from stealing another player's idol.

It was clear that Jamie was rooting through James' bag, and if so, she would have cleary seen the writing on the two REAL idols. If the rules allowed, she could have taken one or two of the idols.(NOTE: Which, by the way, is what I thought they inferred she actually did - did anoyone else get the impresion that she stole one real idol and replaced one with the phony piece of board with no writing on it?)

Anyway, does anyone else agree that there must be some rule about not stealing idols (or other personal possesions) from other people? I can see if you buried it and it got found - too bad. But if it's your bag nobody should be able to take it.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I don't think has been mentioned, but is worth considering, is that there must be some rule in place that prevents a player from stealing another player's idol.

It was clear that Jamie was rooting through James' bag, and if so, she would have cleary seen the writing on the two REAL idols. If the rules allowed, she could have taken one or two of the idols.(NOTE: Which, by the way, is what I thought they inferred she actually did - did anoyone else get the impresion that she stole one real idol and replaced one with the phony piece of board with no writing on it?)

Anyway, does anyone else agree that there must be some rule about not stealing idols (or other personal possesions) from other people? I can see if you buried it and it got found - too bad. But if it's your bag nobody should be able to take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I doubt stealing is allowed as far as the idol goes. I remember Rupert stole some shoes and stuff from other contestants on the Pirate season (episode 1) where they had to go into town and barter with the possessions they had... but the idol is something different. It can be transferred but not stolen.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:00 AM

Pretty sure that contestants can't steal stuff from others. Didn't last season someone go through Yao Man's bag and find that he had the idol?

Also I'm pretty sure Jaime didn't bother to actually inspect the idols in James bag. It was dark, and they were probably hurrying while he was away. But how stupid must they be to think that was an idol that James left behind? He already had 2 in his bag and they knew that, so why would they think there would be a 3rd? I mean, it was still worth a shot, but I can't believe how confident they were in thinking that they had one.

And LOL at Jaime saying how James was not trustworthy and she never should have trust him. It was so obvious from body language that he was never ever ever in their group. Not only that, but they totally screwed him by throwing that first challenge, so why would he ever really trust them again?

This episode was great. I was really happy to see James show that he isn't just a beast at the challenges. He is the only one who seems to be able to tell JRB to back off.

Also, JRB - this guy is terrible. He is really awful at the game.