Fold 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

Tdarko 4 OOT RedBean imo.

Edit: Watching Colbert Report right now
"Costumes are just lies you wear"
"I call tricktreaters pre-hobos"
"Kids, when you grow you get to celebrate a holiday called unhalloween that's where you dress up as a productive member of society go to a real job and buy your own damn candy."

2nd edit:
Tdarko it's just hilarious how people are horribly misconstruing you're argument, you constantly correct them and they keep making the same arguments.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand why someone thinking Halloween is stupid bothers you so much. I'm sure I like things that you think are stupid, and I wouldn't resort to insulting you over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really insulting you, I feel I'm poking fun at you. Hopefully there is a difference because I don't really mean to insult anyone here. Just difference of opinions, one in which I think you and OP are wrong.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:05 AM

bebe,

Haha, seriously what are you talking about? Eggs? Take that convo to the thread within the thread. And no, I can't follow your logic b/c your logic is flawed.

...Oh wait you got me, I must confess. My parents made me dress up in costumes I hated and forced me to trick-or-treat and the entire "day" made me so miserable that my childhood was then altered and all of this was my parents fault. Hmmm, do you see how stupid this sounds? Of course parents make kids do thinks they don't want to do or hate to do at times but it doesn't make the kid miserable, it is a temporary pain in the ass.

Then when the kid gets to the age of reason and opinion he then can tell his parents that they need to back off w/ whatever it is the kid doesn't want to do. And in this case we are talking about 1 day. My opening paragraph to the OP was simply to state that a lot of what I have noticed w/ Halloween has been more excitement from the parents than w/ the kids but of course the sentence has to be dissected and twisted and turned into a way that could benefit your anger.

Bebe, just let it go. You are way to invested in this bro.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:06 AM

Pudge,

That hurts imo.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:07 AM

Ser William,

Glad you think my opinion is wrong. Sums up your posts to this point.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:10 AM

tdarko, i'm far from angry, i just disagreed with your opinion and didn't care much for being patronized
Old 11-01-2007, 01:13 AM

tdarko,

I'm not sure that the opinion you want to express is being accurately portrayed by the words you type. I tend to agree with G-bebe here. However, clearly you truly believe that the great holiday of Halloween is no longer the bastion of, well, whatever you seem to think it once was. I'm sorry about that. I can't wait to hear your opinions on Valentines and St Patricks day.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:24 AM

tdarko's rants on these forums are third only to his baseball content and anything posted by Eurotrash. I gave up trolling him a long time ago because I don't think he knows that I'm joking (like when I asked him if he would be more offended if I called him "dtardo" or "tdorko"...sigh). Still, it's buttered-popcorn-worthy to witness.

Also, it's obvious what happened: tdarko's parents made him dress up in a pink bunny outfit like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" no doubt bought for him by his grandparents so the holiday channels some disturbing memories. Me? I wore a Nixon mask every year and one of my father's sport coats and walked around making the "v for victory" with my hands while saying "I am not a crook". This must have looked weird coming from a 9-year-old.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:29 AM

bebe,

Patronized you? Wow, you sure do no how to twist everything around in your head don't you? I am going to break it down for you so that you can see what happened...you really are an interesting guy to say the least:

Here is your very first post in this thread-

[ QUOTE ]
you bunked the quotation marks in the title, gg kthxbai

i guess i can understand people not liking halloween beacuse of some personal conflict or they were scared as a kid or something, but if not, you've got to be a nit to not enjoy halloween. this is one holiday where every age can have extreme amounts of fun with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't respond to this, I ignored the "kthxbai" immaturity which is patronizing as well as calling me a nit. So who is doing the patronizing?

The next post made in this thread was by you-

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Ser William. You're just hating on this holiday for no real reason other than you're being a grouch. I don't get it. Who cares if Targets or Wal-Marts start selling Halloween merchandise on the 4th of September? Why does this bother you? If people want to celebrate a holiday and it makes them happy, then they should.

[/ QUOTE ]

You called me a grouch. This stuff doesn't bother me but I am only doing this to show you that you are flat out wrong in saying that you were the one being patronized. So this is your second post in this thread and now here is my first response to you in this thread (second page--100 plus replies in)-

[ QUOTE ]
Should this really be directed at me? I guess, I mean I started this thread but I am hardly the only one taking this stance within this thread.

I also never said people shouldn't celebrate, they can do whatever they want. The Da Vinci Code is a [censored] book but that didn't stop it from being a best selling book and breaking records, just b/c I realize it is no more than an airplane read doesn't mean that some knotheads are claiming that it changed the way they look at literature. Am I a grouch b/c I can't stand Dan Brown and millions love him? I let them be, when someone brings up that crap book mentioning how it is their favorite, I don't say anything--they can be happy in their own little bubble, this is fine.

Same thing w/ Halloween, I am not a grouch b/c I think the holiday has lost everything that it once was. We all aren't going to like the same stuff, notice that all I did was say that Halloween was ridiculous and then I was the one that was called names for it. Maybe some of you Halloween lovers should be the ones to relax a little, do you guys own shares of Halloween on the DOW or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

You start w/ the gang mentality, "I agree w/ Ser William..." and call me a grouch after you had already responded once in this thread and I ignored you and you don't expect me to say something? For one my response was fine, a perfectly reasonable response--the last line I was a smart-ass but it was directed at not only you. If that line bothered you then maybe you needed to some therapy Halloween night and not pumpkin carving b/c that is some thin skin my friend.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Same thing w/ Halloween, I am not a grouch b/c I think the holiday has lost everything that it once was.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I mean, cmon. All that Halloween ever was? Good grief. Unless you really are in touch with your celtic roots, I think we can drop the charade that Halloween ever meant anything more than a good party and some kids getting free stuff (candy, nuts, straw dolls, whatever).

[/ QUOTE ]

Puritans were never too big on Halloween imo