Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by ibluffoldladies

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
9. AP is instituting strict guidelines to restrict its employees, consultants and contractors and members of their households from playing for money on its sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be a good time to ask if <insert your favorite poker site> has a policy like this in place. The fact that any site wouldn't have this kind of policy is ridiculous.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:53 PM

I wonder why it took players of a poker FORUM, as oopsed to the "regulators" of the industy/site to pick up on the fact that there was blatent and extreamly obvious cheating going on?

Isn't the kawannee gaming commission supposed to be monitering this kind of thing?

This is a really big hit for the industry in my opinoin. If the people who are supposed to be monitering the industry (poker site/gaming commission) and preventing cheating are not doing their job, whos to say this is not going on elsewhere? And by people who are not as blatent and dumb as to be caught in the mannor that these people were?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the kawannee gaming commission supposed to be monitering this kind of thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they invest their time monitering something under their control?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: the AJ Green "blackmail" claims, has there actually been any substantive evidence of this? Didn't it all just start with someone speculating that he *might* know some dirt on AP, and hence didn't seem like someone they would want to piss off...? But Adanthar has referenced it as more or less an accepted fact...do we actually have any evidence of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 99% positive of this (multiple people would have to be thoroughly lying about several easily checked facts) but this is something that blah blah Costa Rica blah blah
Old 10-25-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why it took players of a poker FORUM, as oopsed to the "regulators" of the industy/site to pick up on the fact that there was blatent and extreamly obvious cheating going on?

This is a really big hit for the industry in my opinoin. If the people who are supposed to be monitering the industry (poker site/gaming commission) and preventing cheating are not doing their job, whos to say this is not going on elsewhere? And by people who are not as blatent and dumb as to be caught in the mannor that these people were?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we should put it in a sticky in the internet gambling forum.

Oh wait, we did that years ago.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just put Gary on ignore, quite satisfying as I skip over his posts now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will have to sooner or later. He doesn't seem to want to change it meaningfully.

[/ QUOTE ]

also added gary to my ignore list. this thread is so much less annoying, now.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would they invest their time monitering something under their control?

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is quite independent on my view on what should happen to AP - so even if you disagree with me on that, set that aside.

I think you're still misunderstanding what KGC/the chief guy owns - they own the brand as far as the purposes of the Kahnawake law goes. They do not manage AP, nor do they own the company that actually operates the gaming operation.

They "own" the brand, and contract out the management of it for some sort of fee. This is a fairly common licensing arrangement across many industries and across the world.

For example, the equivalent of "Burger King" in Australia, although the brand BK is owned by Burger King in the US (whatever company that is) is actually operated by a local company here in Aust. Similarly, I used to serve as a director of a company which had rights to operate a catering business at an Australian university; we then leased that right to a third party, who were able to operate under our brand but with their systems and management.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're still misunderstanding what KGC/the chief guy owns - they own the brand as far as the purposes of the Kahnawake law goes. They do not manage AP, nor do they own the company that actually operates the gaming operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

one very important detail, however, is that if AP gets in big trouble, KGC and then Kawanahke soon follows, and that is something that, if I understand the situation correctly, Joe Norton would go to very big lengths to avoid.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

one very important detail, however, is that if AP gets in big trouble, KGC and then Kawanahke soon follows, and that is something that, if I understand the situation correctly, Joe Norton would go to very big lengths to avoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just find it hilarious that it's so hard to determine the exact ownership structure at AP.