Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Borgata Poker Open 75 minute levels.

I had only played the one Borgata WPT tourney, the one last January which was played in the poker room and we had card shufflers for that event. I just arrived here today and was made aware that there are no card shufflers this year.

I think all WPT events should have a minimum of 90 min levels. I realize that the blinds increase here rather slowly and we start with 30k in chips but that will all be negated by the 75 minute levels if you actually make it quasi deep. What do others think.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Borgata Poker Open 75 minute levels.

Why aren't they using card shufflers this year?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:51 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't they using card shufflers this year?

[/ QUOTE ]yea if true that is BS
Old 09-16-2007, 11:24 PM

This structure is really really good. The blinds double every 3 levels which means there are tons of extra levels thrown in. We played for 12 hours today (with 2 and a half hours in breaks), and a starting stack would have 60x BB at the end of day 1. That's pretty damn nice.

As for card shufflers, I've only played here once before and that was in January. Robin Williams or some comedian had the event center locked up, so the tourney was in the poker room. Some tables had shufflers. Some did not. That kind of sucks, although I guess it's random, so it's not inherently unfair. This time around, the tourney is in the event center where the tables do not have shufflers.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Just a qucik note about large tournaments in the borgata and the auto shufflers. When the field is large but is in the poker room they only use the auto shufflers if 2 conditions are met. All tables must have them and ALL of them must be working. It would not be fair if some tables had/used them and others didn't. So what usually happens in large tournaments at the borgata is that they are hand shuffled to start since all the shufflers are never working then as play dwindles down and all tables have working shufflers then they start using them.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:48 PM

By my calculations the Borgata structure gives you 31.25hr's play until the big blind=starting stack. Compair that to the standard Bellagio schedule 20k starting stack 50-100 blinds, you get 27hr's play until the big blind=starting stack.