Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Default XBOX 360 ... meh

So I took the plunge yesterday and purchased an X-Box 360. I have to say that I'm a little bit underimpressed ... just doesn't seem that much of a leap over PS2. I'm sure that within a couple of years, the software will catch up with the hardware and I'll have made a good purchase. But for now I'm feeling pretty meh. Thoughts?

p.s. May have been the games I purchased ... FIFA 06 and Fight Night Round 3.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:15 PM

Default Re: XBOX 360 ... meh

Do you have HDTV?
Old 04-07-2006, 01:16 PM

Do you have an HD tv that displays in 1080i because both of those games look ten times better than ps2/xbox.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have HDTV?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have HDTV. Don't get me wrong: when I'm playing FIFA or something and you see the player models in close-ups, that's some amazing, lifelike detail. Very impressive. But more eye candy than anything that affects the gameplay itself.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 PM

I've heard Fifa is terrible. Read some reviews. NBA 2k6 is a very good game and I've heard the new Tom Clancy is amazing (anyone else here this). Madden was slightly disappointing for me but you can tell it was rushed. All of the EA sports games are kinda disappointing, I'm sure they will improve in the next year of games.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I took the plunge yesterday and purchased an X-Box 360. I have to say that I'm a little bit underimpressed ... just doesn't seem that much of a leap over PS2. I'm sure that within a couple of years, the software will catch up with the hardware and I'll have made a good purchase. But for now I'm feeling pretty meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the general feeling
Old 04-07-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard Fifa is terrible. Read some reviews. NBA 2k6 is a very good game and I've heard the new Tom Clancy is amazing (anyone else here this). Madden was slightly disappointing for me but you can tell it was rushed. All of the EA sports games are kinda disappointing, I'm sure they will improve in the next year of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had NBA 2k6 for the PS2 and would have felt dumb about purchasing it again. Great game, though.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:22 PM

Give it a year. A lot of the games now are still games that came out for release back in November. The graphical difference between games that were released at launch for the original Xbox and the games that came out 1-2 years later is immense.

If you are worried about gameplay, buy a Nintendo.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:23 PM

I bought it about 1.5 monthes after it came out. I've been addicted to poker and TV (sports, Lost, OC ^^, MTV reality shows and VH1 reality shows) lately so I haven't touched it. I figured I was buying it anyway. I don't think the price will drop much either. Then again, I can play the games on my computer monitor (21 inches) but I usually play on a non-HDTV. I figure I'll also be getting an HDTV. The games are good, just not great yet, but first generation games are usually a little disappointing (I really liked the first Madden on the PS2, but the games got much better as the years went by).
Old 04-07-2006, 01:27 PM

get call of duty, that one impressed me graphically quite a bit. i noticed that some games, such as NHL 2k6, were very ho hum.