Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: What we mean when we say online poker is Rigged

Not quite familiar with OnlinePro so I searched his previous posts. He had this notable quotable in the first one I read.

[ QUOTE ]
...I can afford to continue playing while losing non stop...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am rarely wrong in any theory that I develop

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban OP for making me spit milk all over my keyboard.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am rarely wrong in any theory that I develop, which was obviously the case with online poker. I have been saying its rigged long before the Absolute scandal came up.

[/ QUOTE ]All well and good, except by your definition of "rigged" then Absolute doesn't cover, so you've still to get a case that would prove any of your claims.

[ QUOTE ]
It is only a matter of time before all sites are exposed and I am looking forward to that day, because than maybe we can have some realistic poker being played after all the smoke settles and it is regulated by Americans, where our accounts are not subject to random freezing and seizing of funds.

[/ QUOTE ]Ah of course, because only Americans could possibly be capable of regulation. You realise that the UK has just produced a White list that contains jurisdictions that have stringent enough procedures to satisfy the UK goverment? No I doubt you do. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 05:09 AM

where do u play and whats your nick op?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 12:57 PM

When I say "online poker is rigged" I mean: "I made what I though was a good play and ended up losing anyway either because I screwed up or the cards went against me."

However, its easier to type "this site is rigged" then the truth, and it makes me feel better about myself. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Skallagrim
Old 10-26-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not quite familiar with OnlinePro so I searched his previous posts. He had this notable quotable in the first one I read.

[ QUOTE ]
...I can afford to continue playing while losing non stop...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He also has previously posted about how Stars is losing him as a high-volume player, etc etc. This was back in January I believe.
So whether he really quits at the end of this year or not remains to be seen...regardless of whether he honestly believes he is going to do that.

One also would like to see a HH of the sethypooh bad play in question.
Actually, OP doesn't even need to find the specific 'raise with gutshot' hand that I'm sure he just isn't remembering correctly or didn't fully understand. He can just find ANY hands that were so grossly played by Sethypooh.
In fact, it would be more fun if these were hands in which they were both involved in the pot.

Also - I recently thought of an even better way to put onlinepro even more in his place that the games are fine and his account is not doom-switched. And that would be to let chezlaw or sethy or whoever play on his account.
Because obviously it is the belief of almost anyone here that if a good player were playing the EXACT SAME HANDS that onlinepro had they would not be a losing player. In short, his cards run the same as everyone else's whether he wants to believe it or not.

Unfortnuately, I don't know about the whole trust-issue with him letting somebody else play on his account, etc. And it's kind of against Stars' rules to the best of my knowledge. So..um...yeah...we probably shouldn't do that.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:32 PM

4. Players can see whole cards.

I knew it!!! I can only see partial cards! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am rarely wrong in any theory that I develop

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban OP for making me spit milk all over my keyboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or send him over to SMP so he can set them all straight on the God debate.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM

I just looked through all the hands I have with OP, and the closest I come to "capping the turn" with a gutshot is where I bet/called a 3 bet with AQ on a JTxx board vs. two aggro players in a 18bb pot and caught a K on the river.

This one seems uber standard, villain is not OP, but OP was at table:

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
Button mucks 7c, 7d.
Hero shows Kc, 6c (a flush, King high).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.35 BB.
($3.00 Rake)
</font>

I'm the one who overplays things? (villain is OP...)
PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 4 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero shows Js, Qh (a pair of Queens).
Button mucks 5h, As.
Outcome: Hero wins 9.00 BB.
($2.00 Rake)
</font>