Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread - One outers

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;vc=1&nt=3

I just couldn't not laugh at that. the reply from stars is incredible.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 PM

So your on your last 3bb of your bankroll, which happens to also be your net worth, to end a week long 400 big bet downswing. Got rent and bills due.
You get it all in, bust out, get up in shame.

You go directly to the bathroom urinal to take a piss and possibly puke. You unzip you pants and what do you see.

Yup, a tiny mushroom cap! that could have belonged to a 5yo.

Just happened to me the other day, In my misery I did manage to laugh.
It was F'in tiny
Old 08-02-2007, 09:01 PM

I just talked to Hogan on the phone and was surprised to find that it's easier to understand him on the phone than in real life. It also reminded me of this hand I played against him yesterday before Crazy Mike showed up.

5 handed Hogan straddles after coming back from a phone call, I 3bet T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in sb fold to him he calls. I bet dark "because the flop might scare me".

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He calls. I bet dark again "just in case"

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He thinks a while and calls

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet he raises, I fold, he shows 94o for the straight.

I felt this hand pretty accurately captured the essence of the past couple months.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:26 PM

I love Hogan, I get about 75% of what he says and that makes me good enough to translate to pretty much everyone else there. Also he is the only Ocean's regular who thinks I'm not a fish which makes sense because I think they all think he's a fish too and I think he's great.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 PM

I actually think his crazy rambling type talk is something he does intentionally to make everyone else think he is insane/dumb because the time we played HU and the times that it was shorthanded and we were waiting for the fish to take a restroom break/talk on the phone/smoke or something and he talked he was pretty easy to understand but while we're playing I can barely understand anything.

BTW come play 75 now or tomorrow. Crazy Mike and Hogan both agreed to play today but now Hogan has to do something and Crazy Mike said he might be doing something with his girlfriend, but if they're busy today that means we have to play tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also the best part of the night is when this dealer comes from an $8/16 game so she has some pink $2 chips. She uses one for the drop and Crazy Mike says "WHY DID SHE JUST DROP A $5000 CHIP?" I start cackling like a retard because it's hilarious, Mike gets this retarded jackolantern grin on his face because he made a funny, everyone else just sits there because they don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so very happy that I get this joke. I currently have $4 in pink mixed in with my cash and just looking at them makes me happy. I love the twins and can't wait for the family to grow.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:06 PM

Yeah I have some pink chips, unfortunately I have like almost no cash so I either need to start winning again or I need to go to Commerce and do a clay-dollars conversion. I'd really prefer to start winning again though.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:31 PM

I headed down to Commerce yesterday on a whim and witnessed this...

UTG raises, Button cold-calls. SB 3-bets. BB calls two. Everyone else calls.

Flop: J66r
SB bets, all three call.

Turn: 6
Blinds check, UTG bets, everyone calls.

River: 6
Everyone checks to button, who bets. SB folds QQ face-up. BB folds. UTG calls with a J for some reason. Button takes it down with A2o
Old 08-03-2007, 02:33 PM

This is getting to the point of unbelievable. How is it possible to go from 4500 winner to 3800 loser in a 40 game? The game was actually really fun most the night as it was 3 handed with Aidan and Gary and we were all playing like crackfiends, but never having a winning session is really starting to get to me, the fact that I have been 2k+ winner in pretty much every session at one point is just the unnecessary salt in the wound.

vs Nikki:
QQ vs AT 5 bets on T57 flop turn T
she 3bets me with J8 vs my 97 on T968 river 7

vs Gary:
T9s vs AA KT9 flop we go infinite bets
AA vs some random hand with some pictures, I think he rivered me this hand

vs Aidan:
JJ vs AT we go 100 bets on T high flop river T
AK vs Jh7h K62r flop with 1 heart he wins
K4 vs 36 on K38r flop 1 heart he wins
KQ vs unknown spades QJTr flop 1 spade we go 3bets on the blank turn and river is spade he raises I fold
J5s vs Q6 J5Q8 we go 3 bets on turn river 8

There we plenty more but I've been awake since the dawn of time so I can't remember them all. I was sort of looking forward to playing 75 later tonight hopefully but now I'm just hoping that I lose less than 10k. I'm also really starting to just plain hate some of the Ocean's regulars, as in I want them to die horrible, slow deaths involving some sort of acid and/or branding iron.

I'm pretty steamy right now because I cannot believe that Gary had like $200 in front of him, Aidan had like 2k and Gary cashed out like 5k and Aidan about 7k basically all from me, so I'm going to be playing 10/20 HU on Stars, feel free to come see if you can get lucky against me like everyone else does lately, I won't play you if your screen name is that of an obvious 2+2er.

*edit*
That was fast, already got hit and run by a champion that gave me these two beauties back to back:

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh 8d (three of a kind, kings).
Button has 7c 5c (flush, king high).
Outcome: Button wins 12 BB. </font>

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 11 BB. </font>

Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

I have been looking forward to making it out to the commerce for sometime to see what all the hype is about. So far my live hourly earn is in the $800-$900/hr range, so obv. very sustainable! Who plays at the commerce regularly and wants to meet up?
Closed Thread