Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Turned huge draw/TP - Villian c/r - Line Check

I think I played this one well but would like a second opinion on both the turn flat-call and river fold. Villian in this hand is a reckless and bad ego player. When I bet the turn he insta check/raises in that 'got you' way - I think most likely KQ/KT/QT, possibly a set, and maybe AJ - I don't think air is likely - he might also have something dumb like AK. If I hit on the river I expect to get his stack - if not I can re-evaluate. I miss the river and he bets less than half the pot. I still have TPGK but I think at the moment that it's pretty clear I'm good here less than I have odds to call, even though they're inviting. Agree/disagree and rest of hand ok?

Hero is Lag

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $13.25
Hero: $88.45
Button: $58.57
SB: $76.09
BB: $49.53

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($14.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $19</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($52.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $21.5</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $21.5 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $52.5
Old 11-21-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Turned huge draw/TP - Villian c/r - Line Check

Consider checking the turn to get that free river card. You have a lot of solid outs here. Whether or not to take this COA would depend on how I viewed my opponent, but it's a great way to control the pot size and give yourself a chance to improve to a hand worthy of a large pot.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM

I check the turn alot depending on opponent. As played it's fine
Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Consider checking the turn to get that free river card. You have a lot of solid outs here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored] - I have a absolute monster! I bet the turn because I really want him to just call with two-pair or a set or a lower flush draw or AK etc. and then I hit and shove the river. I had never even thought anyone might suggest checking the turn. You really think it's a good play with these stacks against this villian? Of course if he shoves the turn I have a tough spot - time for calculators against his range with my gazillion outs.