Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Meh stupid

[ QUOTE ]
probably a mistake since he might be pushing 2 pair hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thoughts looking at the hand, as played I don't see how you can fold it. If you slow play it like you did you MUST call that river. What's the point of playing that way if you don't.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:58 PM

You fold getting 5-1 with top set after underrepping your hand that badly?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:28 PM

Seat 1: Hero (38401.91)
Seat 2: meh1 (11740.00)
Seat 3: meh2 (30055.00)
Seat 4: Tight Ass (2515.52)
Seat 5: Villain (3545.00)

meh2 post SB 50.00
Tight Ass post BB 100.00

** Deal **
Hero [Kc, Kd]

Nice cards, get ready for a little raise here.

*** Bet Round 1 ***
Tight Ass Raise to 300.00
Hero Call 300.00
meh1 Fold
meh2 Fold
Tight Ass Call 300.00

Dream situation you get a raise before your go which to be honest is kind of min raise(check it out though from early position wow what does he have?), its not even three times the already blinded pot of 150 (450). Im sorry you got to put in a reraise and if you don’t and just call you better hope you get that second call which you did.

*** Flop(Board): *** : [4c, Kh, 6h]

Bingo, you have trips kings, you have to feel good about your hand but with two hearts out there? Think about the hands the other players might have.

Ace king, there is still one out there and the pot now is big’ish.

*** Bet Round 2 ***
Tight Ass Check
Well he is not going to put any more money in just yet and whats the chances he has trips 4 or 6 any way with a that nice raise, if you bet here against tight arse one he is either going to reraise you hoping your on ace king or afraid you are on a heart flush drawn, conclusion, you have to bet here, nothing ground breaking but a check would be just horrible.

Villain Bet 600.00
What why what does he have to do that with a king out there and the flush draw, he either has aces queens or is himself semi bluffing for a flush draw, little chance man for a straight draw that would be bad poker. Maybe he puts himself ahead of YOU now..

<font color="red"> You call a 600 bet into a flush drawry board and obviously you are way ahead with it being a 3 to 1 chance you get beaten by a flush heart falling. </font>

*** Turn(Board): *** : [4c, Kh, 6h, 7s]

*** Bet Round 3 ***
Villain Check
Hero Bet 1250.00
Villain Call 1250.00

Wow ok you warmed up a bit nice bet 1250 man those are numbers and it also helps you to iron out a bit what kind of hand the guy has, is he sitting there woundering if his queens are good not believing you? Does he have some wack crazy hand like king jack of hearts? Or maybe a pair of eights hoping to hit to make trips and that straight is coming along.

Nice bet but unless the guy has already made a straight you have to be clearly out ahead but understand man your in big big danger here, the guy might call a all in and its a flick of a coin if he does but guess who owns the coin if he does, YOU DO thats your pot right there right now.

You would prefer him to go/call "all in" at this part of the hand we dont want any more danger cards falling, END IT NOW.

I feel this kind of play is what makes the difference between a top flight player and some one trying drip drip money out of the tables. No offence you are of course in a different level than me not even close you would crush me all day and take my shirt but I don’t like this play man you need to make him know, you want this pot you will have to pay north of 1900 maybe more man seriously, throw the kitchen sink at the guy... at least if not you pushing all your chips in there.

*** River(Board): *** : [4c, Kh, 6h, 7s, 5h]

*** Bet Round 4 ***
Villain All-in 1395.00

This is interesting and its hard to know if it was a good lay down, should you lay down now the 5 has hit.

Well he never let go did he, he had “ <font color="yellow">Some thing</font> ”, he looked at the texture of the flop and decided to stay. He bet 600 on the flop, not checking or making a full on stab pot sized bet, did he have king jack, king ten hearts affraid of the kicker, he wanted you to call and let HIM draw but he was very interested in this hand., he never knew you had trips on the flop that was odds against maybe a nice reraise in hind sight would have been nice.
He pushes all in on that last heart not afraid any more of your possible ace king, your trips, is he out of line with a pair of queens, did he already have a made hand, a big pair a small pair?

I put him on a flush and I think you made a good lay down, if you played the hand a hundred times again I think you should call it 100 times and you’d be ahead.
I think due to your poor betting and your windows of chance to pull those chips your way you correctly knew the guy won the hand on the river, but then again maybe he out played completly and represented the flush after his jacks or ace jack never hit any thing and he decided to just go for it, I don’t buy that thou I think you were beat,
Good laydown learn to bet properly if your playing cents or 1000.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The hand is butchered, and I knew it even when I played it. The stack sizes of the two players is what made the hand akward, and obv the reason why i slowplayed. I dont think its a big mistake though, its just the way the board turned out. I was convinced I was beat on the river and folded - probably a mistake since he might be pushing 2 pair hands aswell.. But really I think its a very close decision.

The post was uninteresting I guess, will try to find something better next ime.

cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be rude but these are the facts:

1) You played the hand the worst you possibly could. Not a single decision was correct, which is pretty hard to do when there is action PF and on every street.

2) You got some of the normal 2+2 sarcastic responses, which this post probably deserved and then acted like a douche.

3) The fact that you even posted this shows you have a lot to work on in your game and you probably shouldnt be acting like a douche.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 PM

I want to find out how to act like a douche, they get all the pretty girls apparently.

:-)
Old 09-25-2007, 08:54 PM

yawn
Closed Thread