Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Ummm. OK????

its only a buyin, you have outs if behind
Old 09-12-2007, 01:12 PM

stinger you're probably right but i HAVEN'T played with poopers and in my extremely brief history with him i've never seen him do anything like this.

hindsight is always 32/19/6

agree 100% kirk
Old 09-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Hello, cameronbarry

I read your post and a hand I played the other day on a slightly lower stakes came to mind.

I was sitting on a stack of about $750. it was a short handed table.

I was delt 10-10

I believe I rasised when it came round to me to about 20 with the stakes being 3/6 or 5/10 I cant remember.

It went around a few players and there was one call, the flop was.

Q-10-Q.

I checked and there was a strong bet, you know of course he had a q, maybe he had q-9.

This is where how I played it differs so much against the player you played there, what am I going to do re-raise him and make him decide against his trips or raise a thought no I let the pot build up, I called, turn brought nothing of interest, maybe a 5- or 8 clubs, I checked again so whats the guy going to do he bets again hard, I call.

river again nothing, I honestly dont remember but it was nothing, no flush, I bet a stupid amount with him having 300 left, I bet like 30, he goes all in and thats all she wrote, thats how you play poker thats how I got maximum value, I am not saying any thing to you or for the player that played you but if that guy did have 5-5 he played it very very very badly in my opion, you could have been led to build a pot you better be thankfull you were not if he had 5-5, you would have lost your whole stack.

Its difficult, personally when I first read your post I put you ahead of the other guy I think HE was respresenting an ace, the odds man for him to have 5-5 in that spot but such an over bet,, tough lay down but overall I think you did the right thing there is other easier money to make than to call that kind of spot.

I would have went on gut feel, if my heart was beating alot and I felt unconfortable I would have let it go if it felt good I would have called, he might have ace king, I can see why you posted it here its an interesting situation I think you saved a lot of money, this looks like a trap hand and your the dick, barry.

good play id say.

Bud
Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
considering you folded AQ here, his overbet shove is anything but retarded

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello, cameronbarry

I read your post and a hand I played the other day on a slightly lower stakes came to mind.

I was delt 10-10

I believe I rasised when it came round to me to about 20 with the stakes being 3/6 or 5/10 I cant remember.

Q-10-Q.

I checked and there was a strong bet, you know of course he had a q, maybe he had q-9.

This is where how I played it differs so much against the player you played there, what am I going to do re-raise him and make him decide against his trips or raise a thought no I let the pot build up, I called, turn brought nothing of interest, maybe a 5- or 8 clubs, I checked again so whats the guy going to do he bets again hard, I call.

river again nothing, I honestly dont remember but it was nothing, no flush, I bet a stupid amount with him having 300 left, I bet like 30, he goes all in and thats all she wrote, thats how you play poker thats how I got maximum value, I am not saying any thing to you or for the player that played you but if that guy did have 5-5 he played it very very very badly in my opion, you could have been led to build a pot you better be thankfull you were not if he had 5-5, you would have lost your whole stack.

Its difficult, personally when I first read your post I put you ahead of the other guy I think HE was respresenting an ace, the odds man for him to have 5-5 in that spot but such an over bet,, tough lay down but overall I think you did the right thing there is other easier money to make than to call that kind of spot.

I would have went on gut feel, if my heart was beating alot and I felt unconfortable I would have let it go if it felt good I would have called, he might have ace king, I can see why you posted it here its an interesting situation I think you saved a lot of money, this looks like a trap hand and your the dick, barry.

good play id say.

Bud

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this english?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Few grammar mistakes but....do you speak any other language besides basic english?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello, cameronbarry

I was delt 10-10

Q-10-Q.

good play id say.

Bud

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this english?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 06:12 PM

smells like 55
Old 09-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Yes it is english, it has a number of grammatical and spelling mistake's in it. I am sure even this reply has mistakes in it, did you really need to post "is this english", not only is it totally inappropriate and rude to say that but in the course of putting that here people are going to think you are a total dork.

I applogise for my flawed post it was posted with a real interest in the orginal posters question and I felt I had some thing to contribute.

Thank you for reminding me I have yet to master my mother tounge and instead of trying to learn mandarin, play poker, maintain a high paid information tech job, keep fit, produce love, learn from the internet, self improve on all levels and generally live I should at all costs run my future 2+2 posts through word 2003/word 2007 no matter the location, maybe given that is a poor cheap way out, do attend night school.

mr capone0, man who has never lost a pot, never made a poor post, never done a darn thing wrong in his life, I have so much to learn from you Mr master.

Enjoy the tables.

bud
Old 09-13-2007, 08:04 PM

Isnt the only way for Pooper's shove to make sense is if hes doing it with A5/55 a certain percentage of the time and with air a certain percentage of the time.

Otherwise if hes only shoving A5/55 for value then we should always fold which means his shove is pointless.