Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2007, 03:03 AM

Default QQ - final 8/45 SNG

Regardless of this hand, I was ecstatic to finish 6/45 in only my third SG, and after only starting to play any kind of Poker only 3 weeks ago !

SB had been making some pretty aggressive bets before this hand, on hands that I was guessing were probably bluffs ... but at the time I was limping along with only about 1-2K in chips ... I came back with some good/lucky hands, and found myself here.

So with his big raise, I really didn't know if he had anything, or was just trying to bluff/bully.

With QQ, and the blinds ready to eat up my stack ... ok, maybe not immediately ... I figured this was the time to move.

After calling preflop with ~3K (out of 12K), I figured what the heck when the 10K bet came. In retrospect, maybe I would have finished higher by avoiding this confrontation, but oh well.

Comments ?

Mike

Poker Stars, $1 + $0.20 NL Hold'em Tournament, 600/1,200 Blinds, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: 13,906
MP: 14,466
CO: 1,460
BTN: 5,835
SB: 19,640
Hero (BB): 12,193

Pre-Flop: (2,250) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to 4,800</font>, Hero calls 3,600

Flop: (10,050) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)

<font color="red">SB bets 10,800</font>, Hero calls 7,318 and is All-In
Old 12-02-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: QQ - final 8/45 SNG

I think you should have pushed pre-flop with this.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: QQ - final 8/45 SNG

Ya, I was thinking about doing that.

But SB had been bullying everyone, and I thought that even calling his "big" bet was enough of a statement at the time.

However, in retrospect, I know see that he was only betting around 1/4 of his chips. I have to get past the "big" amounts, and remind myself to look at the BB/stack ratio. Lesson learned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mike