Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]

He really made himself look like a complete tool when he said "you have aces" to Sammy, then Sammy bet 100K after the turn and he called. From what we could tell he strongly suspected he was against aces, but despite his read he was unable to lay down his kings. That I why I so much wanted to see Sammy push all in on the river - Jamie would most likely have called and that would have made me happy. He would have figured that Sammy had aces, then called 100K, then called 185K - good for a laugh from all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it had gone down like this (and no doubt it would have - I'm sure Gold would have called, unable to lay down his Kings), I would have enjoyed it more.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He really made himself look like a complete tool when he said "you have aces" to Sammy, then Sammy bet 100K after the turn and he called. From what we could tell he strongly suspected he was against aces, but despite his read he was unable to lay down his kings. That I why I so much wanted to see Sammy push all in on the river - Jamie would most likely have called and that would have made me happy. He would have figured that Sammy had aces, then called 100K, then called 185K - good for a laugh from all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it had gone down like this (and no doubt it would have - I'm sure Gold would have called, unable to lay down his Kings), I would have enjoyed it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course he should lay down KK to sammy. there's no way on earth right that sammy would have bet 100k into that pot with anything other than AA[sarcasm].

there are several hands sammy would have bet the same way. yes jamie did say over and over "you have aces"... and yes, sammy did one time say "yeah"... but you really think you'd lay down kings on that board?

why play if you're gonna lay down big hands at the first sign of strength by your opponents.

so weak.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:26 AM

You suck at reading.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course he should lay down KK to sammy. there's no way on earth right that sammy would have bet 100k into that pot with anything other than AA[sarcasm].

there are several hands sammy would have bet the same way. yes jamie did say over and over "you have aces"... and yes, sammy did one time say "yeah"... but you really think you'd lay down kings on that board?

why play if you're gonna lay down big hands at the first sign of strength by your opponents.

so weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

You pretty much think whoever plays on HSP is the best player in the world, and will do anything to defend his/her play. It's really amusing - keep on doing it please.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, if you would've been paying any attention preflop, you would realize that this is the best observation you've ever made on 2 + 2 minus the sarcasm part.

If that wasn't the other two kings, it the other two aces 100% of the time. What do we not grasp about this concept?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, if you would've been paying any attention preflop, you would realize that this is the best observation you've ever made on 2 + 2 minus the sarcasm part.

If that wasn't the other two kings, it the other two aces 100% of the time. What do we not grasp about this concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

and if you've never played kings where you were sure that you were against aces and called anyway then you sir are a very inexperienced player.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the truth is that Guy has played well and he demonstrated some very strong abilities in his game in the last show.

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, guy couldn't beat .05/.10 NL online and he is embarassing himself playing at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd be embarassed showing the world how I've made myself enough money that I can play casual poker (and give away 1/2 of any money I make) with more money then most people will see in a decade.

I mean seriously, how can he show his face in public?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and if you've never played kings where you were sure that you were against aces and called anyway then you sir are a very inexperienced player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had this happen since like....yesterday.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disaronno on the rocks anyone?

http://www.disaronno.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

pass the pleasure around imo
Old 11-27-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the truth is that Guy has played well and he demonstrated some very strong abilities in his game in the last show.

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, guy couldn't beat .05/.10 NL online and he is embarassing himself playing at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd be embarassed showing the world how I've made myself enough money that I can play casual poker (and give away 1/2 of any money I make) with more money then most people will see in a decade.

I mean seriously, how can he show his face in public?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the Guy bashing is a little much. AJ and Gabe were saying he's tied w Oprah on the Forbes list of billionaires. Maybe he's not a great poker player but it's not like that's his job. He's made so much money at what he IS good at that he can play around with 1/2 a million like it's nothing. The dude may not be a poker player but he's certainly a PLAYA!