Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Just curious how bad this is

Limper is kinda fishy, poster unknown. FWIW I think calling the river is best because there can't be much value in a raise here.

edit: maybe I should mention that I just woke up and all I've had today is a piece of lemon meringe pie and a glass of baileys.

Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts big blind.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB
Old 04-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Just curious how bad this is

Fold preflop.
As played, raise the flop.
As played, call river. You need to be ahead more than 2/3 of the time because some of the times you raise and it's called you're chopping.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:17 PM

Yeah, this is a kinda standard preflop fold. If you have reason to believe the poster/PFR is full of it, 3bet...but even then I'd usually fold.

Once you see the flop, I play that and the turn the same. Then I flat call the river.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is a kinda standard preflop fold. If you have reason to believe the poster/PFR is full of it, 3bet...but even then I'd usually fold.

Once you see the flop, I play that and the turn the same. Then I flat call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

grr, converter seems to be a bit screwwed, it's 4 players on the flop
Old 04-23-2007, 02:42 PM

i would fold preflop, likely fold the flop, but would consider raising the turn.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:01 PM

nice pf call. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If I do call pf on accident, like I'm playing live and say call and dind't realize that guy raised, I'm raising the flop.

As played, just call the river.

If you can't fold to that river 3bet, then I wouldn't raise the river.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all I've had today is a piece of lemon meringe pie and a glass of baileys

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely -EV

may i suggested: bowl of steelcut oats with milk &amp; w1.5oz alnut, 2 pieces of fruit, and a protein shake

that should should help your game ...

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2007, 09:05 PM

I c/r/f'd the other day on A82 ( fd on flop) A 8 fd didnt hit on the river with K8 after ck calling the flop and turn as BB vs button, not sure what people will think of that play.

I think the difference in going for the cr there is there are plenty of worse hands that will bet call (PPs &gt;88) and enough hands mite bluff when ck'd to out of neccessity so I didnt want to donk to get calls from K hi and lose value from those bluffs. counterfeited PPs, busted draws or random air or J hi.

here there arent many worse hands that bet call (A hi usually cks) and flushes probably wont bet and call often enough to risk the 3bet I think. I do like checking best as he may value bet worse or bluff a counterfeited two pair. I think ck call is the best line hands down in ur hand.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't fold to that river 3bet, then I wouldn't raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

There are tons of people to act behind you, the board is draw heavy, and you have a crappy hand with little chance to improve. Fold the flop.

Just call the river. What are you hoping to get value from? A high? That's all you can hope for and even A high folds the river sometimes. Also you always get 3bet when behind. The flop and the river are pretty bad.

Also preflop is terrible. QT is a crappy hand, why did you coldcall a raise? That's probably the worst play you made. Remember your SSH? Always folding a royal is a much smaller leak then always coldcalling with dominated hands (or any other mistake you make frequently)