Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: A Master Plan?

[ QUOTE ]
If I knew what that plan might be, I wouldn't talk about it here. However, let's say that I'm reasonably unworried about future cash xfer alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know something?

PM me a hint, please.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:14 PM

I just hope this "master plan" doesn't turn out to be like the "It Invention" of a few years ago.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:41 AM

you know... for kids
Old 01-21-2007, 04:57 AM

Im pretty sure I know what the master plan is. Ill give everyone a little hint....

Old 01-21-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if a site sets something up so that each individual player could have his or her own overseas bank account? I'm sure there would be quite some cost in doing this, maybe we will end up paying some fees. On the other hand, perhaps because there are so many of us there would be a nice 'group discount'. Not to mention that the sites could pool together for the American player and all help each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

This exact solution was being contemplated by PokerStars when the UIGEA first went into effect. I was hanging out with Greg Raymer at Foxwoods, the weekend the bill was signed into law.

Even in those early days, he indicated that one potential solution that PokerStars was investigating, was opening an individual Swiss bank account for every real money customer at 'Stars. The costs would be relatively low, since the volume would obviously be very high. In this hypothetical arrangement, the costs to the end-user (that's us, the players), would either be small, or non-existent.

That was the idea as contemplated at the time, at least. I don't know if they've moved further along with it since then, but then again, we were all taken by surprise a bit by the Neteller thing. Hopefully, something along these lines is in the works.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:28 AM

Old 01-22-2007, 01:07 AM

LOL @ Flux Capacitor, great work Doc
Old 01-22-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if a site sets something up so that each individual player could have his or her own overseas bank account? I'm sure there would be quite some cost in doing this, maybe we will end up paying some fees. On the other hand, perhaps because there are so many of us there would be a nice 'group discount'. Not to mention that the sites could pool together for the American player and all help each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

This exact solution was being contemplated by PokerStars when the UIGEA first went into effect. I was hanging out with Greg Raymer at Foxwoods, the weekend the bill was signed into law.

Even in those early days, he indicated that one potential solution that PokerStars was investigating, was opening an individual Swiss bank account for every real money customer at 'Stars. The costs would be relatively low, since the volume would obviously be very high. In this hypothetical arrangement, the costs to the end-user (that's us, the players), would either be small, or non-existent.

That was the idea as contemplated at the time, at least. I don't know if they've moved further along with it since then, but then again, we were all taken by surprise a bit by the Neteller thing. Hopefully, something along these lines is in the works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars should just buy a Swiss bank if that's gonna be their game. Then they could even loan out our money to individuals and corporations and make EVEN MORE money off of us.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 AM

Well said!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:13 PM

Speculation on this master plan.. Bank account? New private ewallet?