Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Tag\'s are open books

I'm not trying to be results oriented, I posted it because I wanted extra feedback. And to be honest, yeah I do check behind on the flop with a set a bunch. My range for betting turn and river is sets/Ax/two pair and since my range for calling a three bet is fairly tight I feel like him calling two streets on this board is -EV for him if he holds KK.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 AM

I like it
Old 10-24-2007, 01:13 AM

i disagree. doesn't really matter anyway, because if its a bad play on his part, he'll still be ahead when he calls.

normally, when people check flops with leads on relatively dry boards, they're just trying to take the air out of the hand for a calldown/showdown moreso than they're trying to induce bluffs. this board didn't get ugly enough not to follow through on that, in my opinion.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 AM

standard
Old 10-24-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree. doesn't really matter anyway, because if its a bad play on his part, he'll still be ahead when he calls.

normally, when people check flops with leads on relatively dry boards, they're just trying to take the air out of the hand for a calldown/showdown moreso than they're trying to induce bluffs. this board didn't get ugly enough not to follow through on that, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he calls it is a bad play in the long run because I rarely every have air like I do here.

Also, you don't think this is that ugly a board for KK? This is like the ugliest a board can get for KK in a 3-bet pot. I agree he has gone into call-down mode but I think even when TAGs do that they still look at the board texture and my likely range, and when considering those two things holding KK sucks big time.

So even if he is checking to get to showdown and induce bluffs I don't think that means he is going to call 2 streets on this board with KK.