Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: 10-20 QQ vs. UTG limp rr

such an easy call considering p/f, the ONLY way you can call pre and make this fold post is if you specifically know that he will slowdown tons of the time after "making his move" pre, or he has some sick tell that you picked up on with his flop bet,

but from a mathematical standpoint, looking at the OP this is a turbocall, I mean if I was sitting at the table I'd probably take about 6-7 seconds to think of what to do preflop and then I instacall the flop, not cocky or anything, but it simply requires no thought on this good of a flop with the way this hand was played pre and the assumptions I can make about 99% of players.

edit: oh and ur avatar is awesome
Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM

I think calling pre is a reaaaal big mistake, but then again I'd hate to lose to people that limp reraise. It seems like such a dumb out-of-date play
Old 10-23-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol how would you min4bet by accident live?

[/ QUOTE ]

fake live misclicks are sooooo much fun... just accidentally put in a bigger chip than you should to call, dont say anything, and look really confused when the dealer tells you you just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you put in more than one chip... but one of them is bigger than it would have been if you were calling... for instance, if the bets 800 put in 3 100's and a 500 instead of 4 100's...
Old 10-23-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling pre is a reaaaal big mistake, but then again I'd hate to lose to people that limp reraise. It seems like such a dumb out-of-date play

[/ QUOTE ]

haha true.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha false, and super-simplistic.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ermm...not really. I would have to have played with a guy a fair amount to give him credit for LRRing a bigger range than QQ-AA and AK. If you limp a big hand utg, someone raises behind, and other calls, obv you should rr, but limp-calling is almost always better in the scheme of things.

I mean, maybe live donks fall for this stuff, I dunno.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ermm...not really. I would have to have played with a guy a fair amount to give him credit for LRRing a bigger range than QQ-AA and AK. If you limp a big hand utg, someone raises behind, and other calls, obv you should rr, but limp-calling is almost always better in the scheme of things.

I mean, maybe live donks fall for this stuff, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're proving my point, if I understand you correctly. For some reason, you seem to think that one can only LRR big hands. Playing 10-handed, in loose games, I will limp tons of things up front, and then somebody raises (say an internet kid who thinks limping pre-flop is always wrong), 3 callers trail in, and it comes back to me. I look at the internet kid, who tells me if he can call a reraise probably 75% of the time, and if he can't, I SIIHP. This is a great way to make money now, while setting them up for later.
They're thinking "If he'll LRR J8s, his range is 24%," but actually, my range is even wider when they can't call, and narrower when they can.

LRR'ing (and the things that go along with it like back-raising) is one of the things that makes it fun/tolerable/profitable to play 10-handed, when you'd rather be playing short.

I'm not implying, btw, that Villain in this hand thinks along these lines; I'm just responding to your, "LRR'ing is dumb and outdated," claim.