Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: PokerStars fraudulent check???

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious - why do people insist on cashing the entire check instead of depositing it into their bank accounts?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

because i prefer to deal in cash only. i have 2 small credit cards, just in case, no debit cards, and only a handful of checks
Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 PM

Ok two things. Telling you not to go to the police is moreso to protect the processor and future payouts for all customers (including yourself). Nothing good will come of it for ANYONE.

Secondly, as I have first hand experience about this, this situation is EASILY RESOLVED if you ask Poker Stars to cancel the check. If it truly was not cashed they can easily find that out and ask for it to be cancelled. Once that is confirmed (within a short amount of time) they can pay you out another way (preferable) or issue you a new check with which you would NOT GO TO THAT SAME BANK.

All this communication you are having is just rediculous. I do understand you're upset about somebody accusing you of something you are not guilty of. However, the bank will investigate and will find out that you are innocent. Why not let them do that on their own time as you know that its an eventuality? Forcing the issue isn't going to help besides making you feel better about being right. As I said, you're not guilty of anything and they will learn that soon enough when they investigate the check regardless of your pressure. Sometimes the bigger picture of helping to protect today's unstable and fragile industry is better then being right.

Please follow this advice. Poker Stars will eventually get back to you and that is by far the best way to resolve this situation. Lastly, do not EVER BRING UP POKER, INTERNET GAMBLING or anything related to it to anyone. You're just asking for trouble for everyone.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bank of America (the bank upon which the PStars check was drawn)

[/ QUOTE ]

Have PS cancel the first check and send you another. When you get it, got to BoA to cash it.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:54 AM

I have heard that Wells Fargo is blocking gaming site checks. Although the source is somewhat blocked in these checks the bank can trace the transaction back enough to create an effective profile of gaming site checks. I suggest you go to BOA and or/get another bank.

I hope everyone has sent in their FBAR's, as tonight is the deadline for filing and there is no extension for FBAR's, (Foreign Bank Accounts). There is a maximum penalty of $500,000 and/or 10 years in prison for criminal non-filing of FBAR. As the federal goverment now has access to Neteller accounts, this is really something that poker players shouldn't gamble on. Please see my long post in legislation if you have any questions on FBAR's.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 AM

I haven't pressed the issue at the bank; most of my effort has been focused on getting in contact with someone at pokerstars over the phone.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bank of America (the bank upon which the PStars check was drawn)

[/ QUOTE ]

Have PS cancel the first check and send you another. When you get it, got to BoA to cash it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll probably end up having PS cancel the first check. However i can't cash it at BoA, as the nearest one is about 4.5 hours away from me; wells fargo is the only bank i have an account at.

Its not like i went in to the bank with guns blazing and demanding my check be cashed. Quite the opposite; i just spoke to the bank reps about some questions that i didn't have the time to ask on friday.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:38 AM

Mail your checks to the bank, people. No driving to the branch, no talking to the clerks, no fumbling at the ATM. Some banks will even give you postage paid envelopes. And if you don't want to mail your checks to your local branch full of morons, mail it to one 3 states away.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:33 AM

As an european, I am only an onlooker, hoping the best for you guys to be able to play without any problems.

But what I don't quite understand is the following:

I know that it is not illegal for you to play, the only thing that is illegal is for banks and credit card companies to move money to and from internet gambling sites.

But when you get a check from a such site how come it is not illegal for you to take it to your bank, as you then try to trick them into committing a crime by handling the check, which is from an illegal, according to US law, internet gambling site? And if said check has already been handled by Bank of America, as someone has stated, does that not make you an accesory to the crime comitted by Bank of America handling money from an illegal internet gambling site?

There might be legal reason why it is not so, but this seems to me to be the same as if you are under 21 and asks someone to buy you liqour or selling liqour to a person, you know is going to give it to under 21s (as you have seen him getting money from persons under 21 and he is only bying liqour in your store).

Any thoughts?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that it is not illegal for you to play, the only thing that is illegal is for banks and credit card companies to move money to and from internet gambling sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

nono, only illegal for banks to transfer to gaming sites. money from gaming sites is fine, from what i understand.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nono, only illegal for banks to transfer to gaming sites. money from gaming sites is fine, from what i understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be strange, but it would explain a lot, thanks.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i went back to Wells Fargo today and talked to them for about an hour, attempting to get in touch with xxxxx (the bank upon which the PStars check was drawn) to no avail....we could not get in touch with a xxxxx represetative.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you just want your money, and understand the posting here for advice and what not. Please, though, understand you can post all the information generally without identifying PS's bank. That information is not needed for the story, and only can make things harder for everyone else in the future.

Why so many people fail to understand this is beyond me, but the fewer processors out there, the sooner the remaining ones will come under heat and close shop as well.