Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Deepstack 100nl AA

[ QUOTE ]
Checking the flop keeps in Queens, which aren't potting the turn. The pot is also smaller which usually makes for easier decisions. I'd call his turn lead if you checked the flop, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so as played with preflop 4-bet, I'd be better of checking the flop, and then check-calling turn and river?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:14 AM

I'd certainly call turn because AK will probably bet, but if he pots river, I'd probably fold. Who knows, if he's as tight as you say he is, he's probably only showing up with Kings here anyway. It's hard to say.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd certainly call turn because AK will probably bet, but if he pots river, I'd probably fold. Who knows, if he's as tight as you say he is, he's probably only showing up with Kings here anyway. It's hard to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is for sure one of the trickiest hands I've played in a long time. Thanks for the advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 PM

I personally 4-bet more, for a couple reasons. First, I love having AA against nits, because you know you will be stacking him a lot of the time on 9-high flops. But, in my experience, they're less willing to stack of with KK when the pot is 30, as opposed to 90.

One argument for checking is that it's a WA/WB situation. Against villain's possible hand range, one of you is drawing to two outs. Betting let's him fold his losing hands easily, and sets you up to get [censored] when he has KK.