Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 07:21 AM

Default Re: I am so confused at a limp-raise after limper 200nl

Why dont you bet the flop? If I was him and you first raise from BB, then reraise 3x his reraise and then fire again on a K high flop, I would really need to have a good hand to continue further, since you might be holding a good a hand as aces. And then ofc, anything but a fold from CO will mean you are over with the hand, since your strong play only can be countered with a hand that beats you.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why dont you bet the flop? If I was him and you first raise from BB, then reraise 3x his reraise and then fire again on a K high flop, I would really need to have a good hand to continue further, since you might be holding a good a hand as aces. And then ofc, anything but a fold from CO will mean you are over with the hand, since your strong play only can be countered with a hand that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no reason at all to bet the flop. JJ and worse will fold. AK and better will call or raise.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no reason at all to bet the flop. JJ and worse will fold. AK and better will call or raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

So when you have first raised it once more preflop to 66 and see the K high flop you just checkfold everything? I think its a weak play to just give it up when the flop comes K high. But if you are absolutetly sure that he has you beat when he called your raise preflop, you can just checkfold, but betting the turn will then be totally absurd.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So when you have first raised it once more preflop to 66 and see the K high flop you just checkfold everything? I think its a weak play to just give it up when the flop comes K high. But if you are absolutetly sure that he has you beat when he called your raise preflop, you can just checkfold, but betting the turn will then be totally absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with showing weakness, it's about extracting money when you're ahead and minimizing losses when behind. What hands do you think Villain calls a preflop $66 4-bet with? Which of those hands do you think he calls a flop bet with? I'd say only KK/AA/AK.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:48 AM

I think you are misunderstading me a bit, and I formulated my opinions bad. What I say is that you either give up the hand when you see the flop comes K high (since you are probably behind), but if you are gonna bet at any time, the flop is the place to do it. To bet the turn which is what HERO does in this hand is wrong imo.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:00 AM

Yes, I agree that Hero should have checked the turn as well. But I still see no point in betting the flop just to give up if called/raised.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:27 AM

I really was not positive this was AA, but now I am just gonna give this play alot more respect. Hence why I bet the turn. The whole hand I kept thinking W...T...F.

Once he called turn, it was pretty obvious he had aces or a really good hand and I was lucky he checked river because he saved me like 50 bucs. Just a flat out really wierd hand.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 AM

I would defenitely have checked turn haugsrud if the turn was not another king making it less likely he has Kx, making only one hand that beats me which is AA.

I really should just give that line alot more credit next time is the morale of the story.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:31 AM

I've seen that line from a LP player a few times, and it's never been aces. Almost always a middle pair who think I'm stealing from the blinds with ATC. Sorry to hear that in your case it did turn out to be AA.

I don't mind the turn bet as long as it's the last money you put in. 99-JJ call there often enough for it to be for value.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without reads on Villain a limp-rr is almost always AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a myth: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=7722314

It is KK/AA reasonably often but it is <<< QQ more often at least based on the data I collected.

rvg