Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 03:33 AM

Default 400 hand, 150bb deep.

Full Tilt HA. Been at table about half hour, opponent seems to have a clue (kvalla)

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $162.50
CO: $336
Button: $571
SB: $396
Dean: $625.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) Dean is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $14</font>, SB folds, Dean calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($30, 2 players)
Dean checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $30</font>, Dean calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($90, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Dean bets $90</font>, Button calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($270, 2 players)
Dean c?

PF this hand has enough potentially to see a flop even for full pot right?

Flop bottom two, gutter, crappy flush draw. So quite nice, but this isnt a strong enough hand to want to play to the felt right? How bad would trying to get it in on the flop be? I figured I'd do better to see the turn and reassess.

Turn bet was weird. I felt it gave me the chance to win the pot straight away, and that it was gonna be really hard for him to raise me here. I could bet if I improved, but if he called I could safely c/f river.

River I'm behind 100% here v. a compentent villain right? So the q is whether to bluff or not. Can I get him off aces with a pot bet?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:39 AM

Default Re: 400 hand, 150bb deep.

I don't have any proof but IMO hands is too small and should be folded PF. Kinda like A9o in holdem. Looks good but easily dominated/outdrawn. It's difficult to be strongly ahead when lots of money goes in. Especially OOP.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:35 AM

I don't like preflop so much either, it's not a good hand HU and OOP, especially against a player that 'has a clue'.

When he calls your turn bet, I think you can narrow his holdings down to 2 possible hands: Aces up with the NFD or the NFD with an OESD. I think he's likely to fold aces up here on the river but obviously he's made his straight if he was playing that. So bet out to try to win the pot when you're behind, ~ $140+ if that's enough for him to fold aces up, and obviously fold to a raise. He could also have a set of aces but I don't think it makes much difference, he should be folding that as well to the same size bet (though obv no guarantee he will).
Old 12-13-2006, 04:26 PM

Pretty opponent specific on the river but I'd check/fold most of the time unless I have history with the villain that leads to believe he will fold a set. I would probably bet 3/4 pot as this will accomplish the same thing as a PSB mos tof the time and looks less bluffy.

Short-handed even decent players are going to call river bets with some frequency with a set or top two because the turn bet is typical of both a missed flush draw, a mediocre made hand as well as a straight. I am not just saying this because I see your hand. Something about PLO and mediocre hands/missed draws that provokes people to c/c flop and bet the turn a lot...

Preflop is pretty thin BTW versus someone you consider decent. I will call this all day versus a donk though.