Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:05 PM

Default I don\'t know what to do...

UTG+1 seemed good and a little laggy.
SB was bad and complaining about how bad he was running and is maybe a little tilty.

I think preflop is close, but I thought I had SB's range crushed and since UTG+1 had lagged it up I guessed that I was in front of his range too.
What should I do on the turn? I pondered raising to shut UTG+1 out from drawing but I didn't like having to put 3 bets in if SB had 2 pair or better. Also should I just c/c flop?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">HERO 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, HERO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, HERO ???
Old 11-19-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: I don\'t know what to do...

First thoughts are on PF:
I don't think there's anything wrong with just calling. I'm not a big fan of 3-betting this.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:26 PM

I don't like the 3 bet pf either.

As played I would raise the turn and take it from there. A pair of J and a fd/sd are all in his range, plus you have outs against J8, J9, 98 so I wouldn't freak out just yet. If he 3 balls I'd probably call down, although calling the turn and folding the river is certainly an option depending on any reads you have on sb.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:38 PM

Geez, SB could have AcTc, Tc8c, or just a plain old T9 or something for all we know.
Lots of non-2-pair hands plus stuff like AJ or T9 are still possible here although you holding the Qc takes a couple of those draw-hand possibilities away.

You don't know if pairing the king is good or not but I think you have to raise here.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:47 PM

I play preflop the same

To be honest I dont know about the turn

So many hands you are behind to. On the other hand you would like to fold out UTG+1.

I think I just call but I am far from sure
Old 11-19-2007, 05:21 PM

I would make an automatic bet on the flop too, but seriously is that any good ? You are almost never ahead, and probably dont have equity even 3handed. Plus you could take a freecard instead of paying 2 small bets.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM

i'm with oink on just calling the turn, but i don't see why we would raise preflop: we don't have such a big equity edge, we are out of position, we have little fold equity, we lose our good relative position, we are bloating the pot making them correct to chase. i'd rather c/r a good flop.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 PM

its tough, we want to push out draws but raising the turn just doesnt seem right on this board, i think i am calling down
Old 11-19-2007, 08:01 PM

I just call turn and hope for the best, but raise/calling to shut out UTG1 is def attractive. He's probably got outs against you and he'll even havea tough time calling with AK. I just dont think you have the best hand/enough fold equity often enough to raise. Given SB's description, I think you'd have to call down a 3bet as well, which further deters me from raising.

Anyways, I'm pretty surprised oink 3bets pf here. I call about 1000% of the time for same reasons rzk said
Old 11-19-2007, 08:11 PM

yeah I just tried stoving and even against wide ranges´it doesnt look like our edge is that huge.

Maybe I 3-bet too much here