Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 12-01-2007, 05:24 PM

Default $10/20 Limit O8 Help me with a hand

I feel like I played this one wrong on almost every street. It seems/seemed like quite a cooler, but I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this one.

Absolute Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.25BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13.25BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 21.25BB
<font color="#ffffff">Hero Shows 3s 2c Ah Qc</font>
<font color="#ffffff">MP2 Shows Ac Qs 2h Kc</font>
Old 12-01-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: $10/20 Limit O8 Help me with a hand

To me it looks like you played it optimal on every street.

FLOP:

The raiser is the same game as the preflop agresor which can mean alot of things, from nut-flush to checking out where do I stand with my bullets.

TURN:

Raising is agressive but ok, once you get 3bet you know that you are playing just for low. Some kind of raising for both for information and value

RIVER:

You are in hog heaven, beacause no one 3bet turn you are very likely to get 3/4 of the pot so cap.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:38 PM

From the tone of your post, it sounds like you got quartered here by Ac2c. The guy's a total moron for not 3betting the turn. Looks like you played it fine.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I played this one wrong on almost every street. It seems/seemed like quite a cooler, but I would appreciate any advice

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Chancery - I don't think you played it wrong on every street.

But I would simply have called on the river, instead of jamming.

You're already pushing matters with the raise on the turn (which is a tad on the overly-aggressive side, but all right). Then when MP-2 bets right into you after the turn, you have to ask yourself, "Why would MP-2 bet right into me after I raised on the turn?"

I think the answer is he's afraid you won't bet.

Buzz
Old 12-01-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy's a total moron for not 3betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Donger - Assuming MP2 has the double nuts, probably too conservative on the turn.

But look how nicely the back-off play sets Hero up for the kill on the river. MP2 risks losing half of one big bet playing conservatively on the turn against a conservative Hero, but against a very aggressive Hero, now MP2 can bet the river and is more likely to get raised and get in three bets! (Indeed, in this case he got four bets on the river)!

Buzz
Old 12-01-2007, 08:08 PM

I cant imagine him playing A high flush like this, unless he had A2 to go with it and he simply called on turn to keep more people in because he is not afraid of the low.

But thats unlikly, maybe K flush?

I would strongly believe our flush is good given the action on turn and cap river.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant imagine him playing A high flush like this, unless he had A2 to go with it and he simply called on turn to keep more people in because he is not afraid of the low.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Borys - That's what I'm guessing. (MP2 is pulling with the double nuts).

[ QUOTE ]
But thats unlikely, maybe K flush?

[/ QUOTE ]Considering Hero's forceful attack, surely MP2 doesn't three-bet a king flush on the river! Without the nut flush, he simply check/calls, or perhaps bets and then calls a raise.

[ QUOTE ]
I would strongly believe our flush is good given the action on turn and cap river.

[/ QUOTE ]Could be. People make mistakes.

But with this betting, I'd fully expect to see the double nuts in MP2's hand.

Buzz