Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 05:00 PM

Default KQs vs. my good BBuddy

BBuddy is villain, and is 3betting a whole bunch, although he's only been at the table for like 2 orbits. We've played together before, and he probably views me as tight.

I'm looking for alternative ways to play preflop and the flop. Would you push, call, or fold here preflop? And on the flop, call to induce a bluff, as his range is wide, or just push and get it over with?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$2000) <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Button ($1798.46)
SB ($817.51)
BB ($2073.16)
UTG ($541.08)
MP ($4145.92)
Hero ($5858.57)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $70.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $250.00</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $180.00.

Flop: ($530.00) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $420.00</font>, Hero ...
Old 04-24-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: KQs vs. my good BBuddy

mehhhhh.. bbuddy is a good player when hes not tilty, and even when he is tilty hes still good, but i dont really think i can fold on the flop. check push looks ok to me he only has 1800 so it cant be that bad either way. duno a whole lot else you can do those spots suck. holla
Old 04-24-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mehhhhh.. bbuddy is a good player when hes not tilty, and even when he is tilty hes still good, but i dont really think i can fold on the flop. check push looks ok to me he only has 1800 so it cant be that bad either way. duno a whole lot else you can do those spots suck. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I can push or fold pre?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:12 PM

I think it's fine, I would either fold or call preflop, I don't like 4-beting here.

Edit: Actually, looking at the numbers, you have to c/r AI on the flop. He will only have about 1100 left and pot will be be close to 1400, meaning he would effectively shut down on any non-A.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:15 PM

call flop and lead any non-ace turn 1/2 to 2/3 pot. I likely lose my stack to whatever he might have. Playing big pots vs Buddy is v v tough because he's so damn crazy and smart.

HEK
Old 04-24-2006, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can fold pf, no way you can fold on the flop though; I would check push. The reason being that if you smoothcall he is pretty unlikely to put more money in the pot unless he is ahead or improves so you shouldn't let him get anymore cards.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:20 PM

Is it a given that we want to play for stacks here? Is a c/r on the flop not a viable option?

Edit: Given stack sizes I agree that a flop c/r to AI is your best play.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:20 PM

HEK, see my post, looking at the numbers you cannot really play it any other way that c/r AI on the flop because he will shut down on turn.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can fold pf, no way you can fold on the flop though; I would check push. The reason being that if you smoothcall he is pretty unlikely to put more money in the pot unless he is ahead or improves so you shouldn't let him get anymore cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I've played with him, it just looks like he loves to bluff. I'd expect him to bluff any club, and prolly a lot more, but I could be wrong.

Also, by 'can fold pre' do you mean 'should'?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:24 PM

vs Bbuddy I think chk/call then lead turn is the way to go. C/R all in is horrible unless for some reason you think buddy has a flush draw. If we c/r all in then we are letting buddy fold KJ and worse and AK and AA and better are calling for sure. So why on earth would we want worse hands to fold and better ones to call? If we lead turn then it keeps worse hands in...perhaps.

The reason this hand is so tough is because his reraising range preflop is so wide.