Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Tricky tricky (NLTRN)

This hand is from a $230 on Stars. Villain is is generally straightforward with a few moderate tricks / light call downs mainly brought on by some "false tells" I've been giving off in popular tell spots. In other words, this guy plays logically but isn't afraid to deviate from straightforwardness prompted by my actions.

Blinds 10/20
APXG: 1250
Villain: 1750

Pre-flop: (2 players) APXG is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">APXG raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa"></font>.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
BB checks, APXG checks.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t60</font>, <font color="#cc0000">APXG raises to t120</font>, BB calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa"></font>.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t360, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">APXG bets t150</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t600</font>, APXG folds.

I didn't see how my river bet could be interpreted as weakness on this board and prior action, and the probability of a flush being check-raised here doesn't seem high enough(maybe it is, I haven't done any math). If you think its a call with the 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], how about 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I'll discuss other aspects of the hand if / when there are any questions. I expect at least 50% of people to call this a gimmick post by the way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Tricky tricky (NLTRN)

I like the fold, this just isn't a bluff or a misplayed 3 quite often enough to call here I don't think, and against a player you don't think is a total total donkey, I don't think the flush hitting makes a huge difference. Hmm actually I don't know, I guess he might have you on a big ace cause of your preflop raise and be value betting the flush or a trey.

I mean, I wouldn't say it was the world's WORST call either getting I dunno 2 or 2.5 to 1 here, I guess that is getting close to a decent number where this could be a bluff or him value betting a hand he thinks beats yours. The more I think of it, the fold here isn't QUITE as straightforward as I thought at first glance, but I still don't mind it at all, and I probably make it a fair bit when I'm playing my A-game and almost never when I'm at B or lower.

So in conclusion, I guess I don't know haha. But this definitely isn't anything I could point to as a gimmick post like that AA fold posted a while ago (and really even with that, I think the fold was horrible but not AS horrible as everyone else does. But still horrible haha).