Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 AM

Default EPT satellite @ pokerstars, table collusion.

I was playing EPT 475$ satellite a while ago and there happened something I have never seen before. Sure, I haven’t played these satellites that often (actually two before this one) but I still believe the things that happened at this tournament were wrong and unfair.

There was 13 players left in the satellite and we were playing at two tables.
12 players were getting the ticket to EPT and 1000$ spending money.

At one table there was couple shortstacks, I was one of them, and at the other table everyone had a healthy stack. Suddenly one of the players at the “healthy stack table” suggested that every one of them should sit out and wait, so all of the players at that table could get tickets. They realized that they could just wait so one of the shortstacked players could drop out.

Some of them actually sitted out, but then they obviously realized, that that would be condemned by pokerstars, so suddenly one of the players started provoking players to fold to the big blind so they could all get tickets and everyone silently agreed. (but one, 10k, if I remember correctly).

Then they actually praised about the hands they were folding (KK etc.)

But, it wasn’t that easy. Shortstacked players stayed alive for a while. We, at the other table were struggling to get tickets and these guys just kept on folding to the big blind.

They talked about there hands all the time, and even when admin came to the table to warn couple of the players to stop talking about the hands and stop folding to big blind and warned that if they didn’t play, they would be disgualified. Obv. At the point that admin got there they had been doing this for a while.

At the end admin just turned off the chat.

I finally dropped at 13th.

This matter is something that I think pokerstars should really look at. It certainly isn’t fair that players AGREE to fold to big blind so they could get tickets.

I have sent mail to pokerstars about this matter, but I haven’t heard anything about them, except that they are looking at the earlier relationships of the players. But, that really doesn’t help here. Even if they didn’t have earlier relationship I still think this kind of collision play is just wrong.

So I’m interested in what are your experiences in these satellites?

Is this kind of behavior at the table common?

And I really liked to hear 10k-in-Clays comments on this, because he was actually playing at the healthy table and correct me on some of the facts that I have forgot, or facts that are wrong.

Do I just make this thing bigger then it really is, just because I dropped in the bubble and is it something that people and pokerstars are willing to overlook at?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2006, 10:11 AM

Default Re: EPT satellite @ pokerstars, table collusion.

The only problem is, they don't even have to talk about folding around, they should all be doing it anyways. With a big stack and only 1 person left to be eliminated, I'd be folding most hands as well. I agree with you that they shouldn't be talking about it but I don't have any experience with sats. so I don't have much of an opinion.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem is, they don't even have to talk about folding around, they should all be doing it anyways. With a big stack and only 1 person left to be eliminated, I'd be folding most hands as well. I agree with you that they shouldn't be talking about it but I don't have any experience with sats. so I don't have much of an opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've always got an opinion. You got screwed by dumbazzes who were colluding.
Yes, they should have played the way they did without discussing their strategy. IMO, as soon as they discussed a group strategy and then proceeded to impliment it, they are guilty of cullision.
I'm amazed at their openness. I think the players who made themselves a part of that through chatting should be penalized for two reasons.
1-They colluded.
2-They are so dumb they really need to be taught a lesson.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:39 AM
 is offline

This [censored] should not be tolerated. I can't stand hearing about this going on unchecked.

I truly hope Lee Jones can make an appearance in this thread and comment.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This [censored] should not be tolerated. I can't stand hearing about this going on unchecked.

I truly hope Lee Jones can make an appearance in this thread and comment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2006, 10:51 AM

I think PS should take the total sum of prizes and divide it evenly among all who were still in the tourney when the collusion started, and give seats to NO ONE.

And publish it as a lesson to all.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:58 AM

You need to publish details of the incident in this thread.

PokerStars is known to be very diligent about resolving issues regarding cheating and colluding. Please post tournament number & date, excerpts of chat & HH together with your email to PS and PS's reply.

Without this information - and with my prior knowledge of PS's diligence - I have to consider the possibility that your complaint is frivolous or unsubstantiated.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 AM

How do you publish chat from another table?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:42 AM

Lee Jones has a policy of allowing this (once)due to his own reasons, look up his old posts, I disagree with him strongly on this one.

ToT
Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 AM

usually stars disables chat in satellites with about 18 to go until the desired number of seats to the event. In every satellite I have playd on stars in the past two years (about 50) chat has been disabled with 1 left. So unless this site wasn't stars this doesnt really make sense