Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL *Super Deep*

This is ridicolous. It is such an easy call it isnt even funny. Not even close. Why would the villain hold KK and CALL after 3 other people call your re-raise? Wouldnt he want to reraise to say 800 and get everyone out of the hand via a squeeze play? Why when he flops the nuts does he just go all-in? No one goes all-in with top set before anyone has even bet. Again, if you folded here.. uhh you got some work to do. He'd have to show me those cowboys face-up before I folded this one.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL *Super Deep*

[ QUOTE ]
This is ridicolous. It is such an easy call it isnt even funny. Not even close. Why would the villain hold KK and CALL after 3 other people call your re-raise? Wouldnt he want to reraise to say 800 and get everyone out of the hand via a squeeze play? Why when he flops the nuts does he just go all-in? No one goes all-in with top set before anyone has even bet. Again, if you folded here.. uhh you got some work to do. He'd have to show me those cowboys face-up before I folded this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember this IS player dependant.

People suck at poker in general, this includes losing value. If he had pulled this move a couple times with the nuts, would you think it was so ridiculous to think this long about folding?
Old 05-06-2006, 02:15 PM

Default RESULTS?

can we get result?
Old 05-06-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: RESULTS?

I think this was a villain holding A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

and the river was a spade....

Vava
Old 05-06-2006, 02:44 PM

The result is that maybe Sklansky was right about you guys. The Villain said nothing about the Villain making big bets whatsoever. Villain also stated that there is a good chance that he thinks hero has AA/KK in this spot so he could talk himself into a call PF.

Obviously none of us were there so we don't have the full extent of a read that we would like, but thinking that this is never KK is very wrong.

Donkeys tend not to make huge semi-bluffs, they overbet their perception of the nuts, and make loose calls. I call here all day but would only assume I win around 50% of the time with his range being KK,22,AA. On OP's bankroll I would fold but I would also not be playing with that much money in play.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this was a villain holding A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

and the river was a spade....

Vava

[/ QUOTE ]

2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

But only after Hero folds face-up and they rabbit hunt.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:48 PM

If you can't call this, you should leave the game right away.

You're only bought in for $500, but the $2800 you have in front of you right now represents a high percentage of your entire bankroll. Lock up the win and come back later.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't call this, you should leave the game right away.

You're only bought in for $500, but the $2800 you have in front of you right now represents a high percentage of your entire bankroll. Lock up the win and come back later.

[/ QUOTE ]
good point, most people playing over their heads usually like to hit and run. you did the hit part, just gotta leave when you dont want to be risking that much $$ in play. now how about results?
Old 05-06-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I win around 50% of the time with his range being KK,22,AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreed with your post until this, his range includes 45os, 45s, Axs (Specifically A4s, A5s)

You started to explain how people aren't giving villain enough credit, unfortunately you are giving him way too much credit. He is closing the action preflop, he flat called. This is often a drawing hand, including 22-Axs.

With 100BB's in the pot PF, if his drawing hand hit, he may be inclined to just try and pick up the pot there by pushing. If he gets called, he still has a ton of outs.

I do agree that many live players do not like betting so much with mediocre holdings, but it is very possible in this spot.

I call all day and expect to win far more than 50%. If I were in OP's bankroll predicament, I would freeze as well, but ultimately realize that I am usually too huge of a favorite to ever not risk it here.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:05 PM

Easy call.
Closed Thread