Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Small things to make the world better

The seats on airport shuttle buses are anchored to the wall as one long bench (rather than in rows facing forward) so that you can easily slide bags underneath the bench.

So when the luggage rack fills up, please slide your bag under the bench, so you don't block the aisle.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just don't bring young children on vacation, to the movies or to nice restaurants. Your 18-month-old is not going to get anything out of a trip to Vegas or a screening of 2001, and the likelihood of him annoying the hell out of people on the plane or in the theater is really high. Stay home or get a [censored] sitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't bring the kid because you think that the kid is going to get something out of it. You bring the kid because otherwise you can't go.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm sure my parents really got a kick out of santa's village

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring more to the plane flights. You can't do things like skip the weddings of close friends just because you have a 6 month old kid.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get off your cellphone if you're trying to buy something.

[/ QUOTE ]
No kidding. I'm a cashier, and this is probably my single biggest pet peeve at work.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 PM

When going to place of business and the person helping me (serving my food, scanning my card, whatever) is not polite/helpful/whatever I don't let it bug me and am overly nice without being patronizing. I figure a) I'll get better service b) it'll make them happier and c) it makes me happier. I have no idea what kind of [censored] their going through at work or in life to make them grumpy, but if a [censored]-eating smile on my face will make their day a little easier then all the better.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:27 PM

Exhaust your options before inconveniencing someone else. This applies to directions, and topic's that are easily Wiki'd googled.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:58 PM

When you give the standard greeting of "how are you?", really listen to the answer.

When you're spending real time with someone (as opposed to day-to-day hanging out), don't answer your cell phone. Or, better yet, turn it off. Enjoy the time with that person, live in that moment instead of preparing for what you're going to do next, and handle your calls later.

Also, please be respectful of personal space on an airplane. Just because I'm smaller than you doesn't mean you can sit with your legs wide open with your knees in my knee-space.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exhaust your options before inconveniencing someone else. This applies to directions, and topic's that are easily Wiki'd googled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would amend this to just not asking for favors when you don't really need them. For example, when going to/from the airport (30m+ each way) I'd never ask for a ride unless it was last-minute or something because a shuttle ends up costing like $12. I'd much rather just pay $12 than ask for a favor that will take at least an hour of a friend's time. When my friends ask me for a ride like this I'm willing to do it but it annoys me that they don't just take a slightly less easy option that doesn't inconvenience me.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would amend this to just not asking for favors when you don't really need them. For example, when going to/from the airport (30m+ each way) I'd never ask for a ride unless it was last-minute or something because a shuttle ends up costing like $12. I'd much rather just pay $12 than ask for a favor that will take at least an hour of a friend's time. When my friends ask me for a ride like this I'm willing to do it but it annoys me that they don't just take a slightly less easy option that doesn't inconvenience me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this, but have no problem with people asking this of me. I hate asking for favors but don't mind at all when they're asked of me. Thus, I don't think asking is that bad.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:42 PM

Is poker a part of the world? If so...

- When playing in a full poker game keep all your chips and posessions inside the area bounded by your shoulders.

- In the seats next to the dealer don't let your chips and stuff extend out so far that it impedes the deal.

~ Rick
Old 10-29-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When driving, if you come to a stop in the right lane and you aren't turning right. If at all possible make sure your car is as far to the left as you can go, so a guy behind you who wants to make a right turn can squeeze by you. People that don't do this show me all I need to know about how much they are paying attention to their surroundings and they are probably bad drivers. - DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to this one. I'd have six hours of my life back if drivers did exactly this at ONE INTERSECTION about two hundred yards from my place.

~ Rick