Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Really need some Bankroll advice....please help

I’ve been playing recreationally on-line for about two years now and have only ever enjoyed playing low-stakes MTT’s. I have had some success over this time both live and on-line. 4 cashes of over $1000 live and several of $500+ online. Baically, I think a lot about the game, I am well read and play really quite steadily and more skilfully than many of the others at my stakes.

The thing is I’ve always cashed any wins straight back out as I’m young and have always needed the money for other things – I’ve never been able to afford a bankroll. Whenever I’ve played I simply load up $20 or so, play and play for as long as my $20 lasts (If I cash I play again, often I won’t spend it all in a re-buy an so I can play again).

What’s the problem? I have $700 left from my last live cash and can afford for this to be my on-line bankroll. In 3 weeks time I can get back on stars (I gave myself a six month ban as I was spending too many evenings depositing $20 to play the $3r – a great way to busto).

I intended to use this $700 and start grinding the 4/180’s on Pokerstars. Last night, however, I won the $3r on Ladbrokes and won $825 (brag? – definitely!). So I now have a bankroll and also my $700 that I had saved.

My question is that I now have over $1500. Should I stick to original plan regarding 4/180’s or should I broaden my horizons? I basically want to be nitty with my bankroll and never have to reload again. I am capable of achieving this as I am a capable player.

How can I keep the roll safe whilst taking regular, achievable shots at growing it much further? And should I keep it at $1500 or should I just use the $800 I’ve won?