Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 10:18 AM

Default NL50 - overplaying my JJ?

Am I being too optimistic with my JJ here? Villain was 37/18/1.5 over 90 mined hands, he just 3bet the previous hand and pushed his opponent out on the flop

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $52.86
BB: $52.75
UTG: $70.47
Hero (MP): $47.25
CO: $9.63
BTN: $42.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.25</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.25

Flop: ($11) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $7.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $47.61</font>, Hero calls all-in for $17.00
Uncalled bet of $5.61 returned to SB

Turn: ($95) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $95.00 ($3 Rake)
Old 09-23-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: NL50 - overplaying my JJ?

I often play it the same.

If anything you could have 4bet the flop against this guy.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 AM

Even if villain is loose aggressiv as u said, the re raise Allin looks very strong to me, so a fold seems obvious.

But the problem is that you have too much invested already in the pot,so espacially against such a player I would call,because ur gettin great odds.

Andy maybe he was overplayin a middle pair.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 AM

I think I play this the same given reads/stats.

Not that big a sample, but VPIP/PFR are much more reliable over this sample size than AF. So I place more weight on this and the previous history OP mentioned of 3b/aggroness and come to the conclusion this villain is going too hard with a ranges (preflop/flop ranges) worse than JJ.

Villain leads here with most hands he has 3b pre. So I think we need to raise flop for value and protection against 6-9 outers.

Once we do this, we are committed, which I think is ok - QQ+ seems pretty unlikely...55-TT is very possible and we beat half those...throw in XsXs, 8X, A7, the odd SC's (45 etc.) and the odd total trash hand and I think we are good to felt here (esp. considering dead money of course).
Old 09-23-2007, 11:47 AM

i would not be so hasty to rule out QQ+ against someone who has 3b PF, bet/3b AI the flop and has 38/17 mined stats as the only evidence to rely on. How are you so convinced it's not likely to be QQ+???
Old 09-23-2007, 11:54 AM

No one feeling a reraise pre flop and folding to a push? Although there would be the same commitment issues than the flop. Maybe if they were 200bb deep making it ~$25 pre and folding to a push?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 AM

I'm curious as to how often he defends his blinds. You said he 3bet the last hand, where he was the BB. Has he always 3bet when someone raised from the button? Was the last hand a steal attempt or a raise from UTG?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would not be so hasty to rule out QQ+ against someone who has 3b PF, bet/3b AI the flop and has 38/17 mined stats as the only evidence to rely on. How are you so convinced it's not likely to be QQ+???

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I guess you are right Peter.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to how often he defends his blinds. You said he 3bet the last hand, where he was the BB. Has he always 3bet when someone raised from the button? Was the last hand a steal attempt or a raise from UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a BTN steal, 3bet was called by the BTN and villain checkraised allin on a big-little-little rainbow flop
Old 09-23-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I play this the same given reads/stats.

Not that big a sample, but VPIP/PFR are much more reliable over this sample size than AF. So I place more weight on this and the previous history OP mentioned of 3b/aggroness and come to the conclusion this villain is going too hard with a ranges (preflop/flop ranges) worse than JJ.

Villain leads here with most hands he has 3b pre. So I think we need to raise flop for value and protection against 6-9 outers.

Once we do this, we are committed, which I think is ok - QQ+ seems pretty unlikely...55-TT is very possible and we beat half those...throw in XsXs, 8X, A7, the odd SC's (45 etc.) and the odd total trash hand and I think we are good to felt here (esp. considering dead money of course).

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure I would include SCs in his 3betting range based on just 2 hands, I think after the action on the flop an overpair is most likely, maybe 99+??? But I can not rule out a set, FD with AK,AQ or a straightdraw althoug they are all less likely. The thing is there's probably more hands that beat me then those that I beat so my question is if it's not better to just fold to his cbet - I am not very good at playing in 3bet pots but most of the time at NL50 these are QQ+