Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: July Low-Content Thread

PJ i thought Tim was tessarji also, but its a different guy

edit: u guys going to commerce tonight? i cant decide between comm. or trying to get my money back at HG
Old 07-22-2007, 03:16 AM

Grind all week in crappy games and make 3 rack profit. Sit in retard juice-fest and lose it all back in 3 hrs to people who make the nuts ever other hand and miss 3 bbs of value every time trying to slowplay. I am starting to get a little sick of this. Not Im gonna switch to NL sick, but its getting close.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:12 AM

Gotta love Limited Texas Hold'Em eh?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:07 AM

Best 60 game i've sat in in my entire life lots of gamboolers and a wierd persian guy who always screams "Ship it baby" when he makes a hand. By a hand, I mean A high, a pair, flush draw, and 10 high. Persian guy is villian. For the past 13 hours I've done everything to goad him on giving him fist pounds, cheering when he wins, but my patience is wearing thin as the man never loses and I'm starting to worry that his attempts ignite dollars will never succeed.

three limps to hero on button with 74soooooted, sb and bb call

flop: A 7 4
checks to hero who fires, all fold to persian who scrambles to find his lighter, then calls

turn: 2
persian c/c- i can hear the lighter clicking desperatly trying to ignite his money

river K
persian donks, I vomit, wipe my chin off and call

K2 is good sir
Old 07-22-2007, 05:11 AM

make sure the dollars are dry.

yeah, um I run good and I cannot say the commerce sucks
Old 07-22-2007, 07:45 AM

This is from my blog entry from today. You may find it enjoyable.

There is a special section here at MoneyHater dedicated to the dumbest things ever said. Tonight, however, I heard something so gargantually stupid that I feel it deserves its own post.

I was playing in the 30/60 game at my local poker hole when the following situation arose. I am a little sketchy about the preflop action, but it doesn’t really matter.

The BB in this hand is some local rich guy who seems like a nice guy. He rarely plays in the game (few times each month), but when he does he makes it very clear that the money he came with he has no intention of leaving with. He is akin to someone who goes in to the doctor to get a boil lanced; once he exits the premises, it better be gone.

UTG in this hand plays semi-regularly. He also is no fan of cash. There is something off about him. It would not surprise me in the least if he had a Vietnam flashback at the sound of a tray dropping and instinctively whipped out a knife as he dove under the table. He also likes to wear his sunglasses indoors, which pleases me to no end.

MP is a regular player in the game and an all around great guy.

UTG raises or limps, but it really doesn’t matter. MP (re)raises, BB calls. The flop is QJ4 all hearts. Checks to MP who bets, BB check/raises, UTG coldcalls 2 bets, MP 3bets, both call. The turn pairs the J. Checks to MP who bets, BB calls, UTG now check/raises. MP tanks and then folds, BB calls. The river is a small black card, and BB check/folds to UTG’s bet.

To anyone who knows anything about poker (which admittedly is very few people), MP clearly had a hand like black AQ and BB (who is awful) had the naked K of hearts or some weak Q. UTG, however, does not know anything about poker. He comments how he would like to see MP’s hand as well as BB’s, as he feels that they may be colluding. (This of course, is preposterous for reasons that have nothing to do with the story, but the guys simply aren’t.) UTG then states that if someone bets the river, and everyone folds, that he should the right to see the bettor’s hand. All of us at the table explain that, no, he shouldn’t have that right. He is adamant that he should and actually thinks that he DOES have that right, and wants the floor to be called. Let me repeat this, as I am sure that as you just read this you are assuming that you misunderstood what this guy was saying as no one ever could be so colossally moronic: This guy is saying that if Mike and Bill are in a pot and Mike bets the river and Bill folds, that Bill should be able to request that Mike show his hand and that Mike should have to. This is a guy who has been playing there FOR YEARS, and he doesn’t even see how galactically retarded his statement is. This is why I don’t have to work for a living.

I have lost 3 days in a row in the game, and now I have to listen to this guy say probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard as he stacks up the chips from the pot he won. To make matters worse, he is seated to my immediate right and leans over to me and says “I flopped the nuts and they try to bet me out…blahblahblah.” I am ready to blow a gasket and am on the verge of saying, “Oh, so you flopped the nuts but then decided to wait until you might be beat to put in a raise? Why not just tie your money to a rock and throw it over a cliff you twitchy [censored]?” But instead I nod and smile and blast off another 900 bucks.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:58 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

don't play sunday?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't play sunday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a winner in 20/40, 40/80, 60/120 and 100/200. I clearly need to play 200/400 now.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:58 AM

hmm well had my 2nd biggest loss ever today, actually not that mad about it, I played as best as I could but when you don't ever make a hand or have a hand hold up while playing 3 handed against two super lagtards for 5 hours with a button straddle uh you lose lots of monies. Not gonna recount all the standard beats but I was --><-- close to losing my cool when I lost to two black twos with my Qh3h on a Ah Qd 6h flop. Oh well. I have an amazing 108 hrs in this month for -2k, and overall 180 hours of breakeven. Well there's a first time for everything. I'll get em tomorrow?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:06 AM

<----- adds name to list of players with having a not for profit month. All may change though with a 3 day binge at LA's friendliest coming up.
Closed Thread