Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Changing Games.

How many of you out there are becoming more and more frustrated with the donkaments and have made the live games your bread and butter.
I for one have happily put my focus on ring play and found my moods and attitude immensely changed for the better.
No forced plays no increasing blinds. I can get off marginal situations without pressure of blinds etc.
I can go on but I am certain the message is clear enough.
Thoughts???
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Changing Games.

looks like the change of format worked out perfectly, Sklansky
Old 03-28-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lmao [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried my best [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 07:42 AM

Children children please have a little class. I am sure its difficult, but if we all work together you`ll get beyond duhhhhhhhh.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:19 AM

I like the ring games. I feel like you dont put all your money at risk. If you are a good patient player and make smart plays you should over time win. Less stress and no real snap decisions. Alot of people love the rush of those snap desisions though and play well with lots of pressure.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:45 AM

"Thoughts???" What does this random thought of yours have to do with anyone else. delete this f-in thread
Old 03-28-2007, 06:33 PM

Ring games are bread and butter. A good player who understands fundamentals, can read other players, is patient, knows the math, etc., will build their bankroll steadily over time. Just don't let the variance get you down, or enter too big a game compared to your bankroll where you will be playing scared. And learn to recognize your own tilt signs - never play a ring game when you are steaming.

On the other hand, nl texas holdem tournaments are the most advanced strategy game in the world. They are challenging, and to the expert player very rewarding.

The big difference between them, in terms of risk vs. reward, is this:

For ring games, the top player is looking to come out ahead each game. The occasional losing session is acceptable, but needs to be outweighed by the NUMBER of winning sessions.

For tournaments, the top player is looking to make the money in a percentage of tournaments which results in a positive value. The NUMBER of tournaments not in the money is not as significant than the total return vs. the total buy-ins. The tournament player can lose more tournaments than the win, and still come out on the positive side. The tournament player has to be able to slough off the bad beats and bust outs and keep his eye on the long-term return.

Of course, if you only play single table tournaments, the NUMBER of wins will factor back in - but only because the prize pool is so limited.