Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: A note on Huck Seed

[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first pic he is slouching more than I have seen him on TV but in the last 2 he's got a straight line running from bottom to top. Everybody slouches at certain times, I just think he does way less than the typical human.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 PM

does huck listen to rap music?
edit: does he smoke weed?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ain't he just super-chilled-out because he just loves that Vaporized chronic?!?!?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...could be..I had a Volcano Vaporizer for a few months and I cant remember a single thing from that time period. I sold it and went back to the bong. The vapes just make it too easy to overdo it.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the consensus may be that this thread is, as one poster put it, "uber ghey", but i appreciate it. i think it is interesting and wonder how much of it is intentional and how much is just the way he sits.
there is potentially a lot more that a lot of us could do to improve our poker games that has nothing to do with the actual play of a hand. im no expert on the subject but my guess is that if i didnt wake up and stumble directly to the computer and start playing as i desperately try to wipe the sleep out of my eyes so i can read my hole cards, that my results may be better. maybe once i conquer that ill try to mimic the way huck sits or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

I expected many comments on the "gheyness" of this. I get it all the time but the fact of the matter is that I'm a typical east coast tuff guy New Yorker and during the 15 years of teaching yoga nobody has had the balls to call me anything but Sir to my face. You should see the chat when I play though..people calling me [censored] and stuff. I dont mind it - my gf is a hot. Just because I am bald, muscular, hate my dad, does not mean I'm gay.

Most likely the way he sits is unintentional. He could be some sort of a yogi/mystic/energy guy, whatever, but I dont know.

peas
Old 10-12-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
about the way he sits at the table.

Some people spend their entire lives trying to sit like that because it is thought to be the best way to sit and concentrate clearly.

yoga

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely not one that is spending my entire life trying to figure out how to sit in a chair. Sounds like a wasted life to me

[/ QUOTE ]

You are REALLY dedicated to this yoga stuff if you are spending your entire life trying to figure out how to sit like that.
You would think that after a few months or years most people might give up hope that you would actually find a way to sit like that. I'm pretty sure I couldn't spend a whole life making such an attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to sit that way, or at least I dont expend alot of energy trying to. Posture is related to yoga but only a small part of it.

Most people do give up but some people stick with it and end up with better backs and energy levels, on the table and off.

yoga
Old 10-12-2007, 09:08 PM

This is dissapointing. I was hoping for a story or anecdote about how Huck is poker's ninja and instead it's just pics of him sitting down looking like The Oggmonster.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yogadude = KKF?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that mean?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Some people spend their entire lives trying to sit like that because it is thought to be the best way to sit and concentrate clearly.

yoga

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely not one that is spending my entire life trying to figure out how to sit in a chair. Sounds like a wasted life to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people would disagree. Posture is often a manifestation of stress in people. Some people try to fix their posture so they better deal with stress as well as chronic back pain.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:15 PM

Here's a link for those interested. Scroll half way down to see the guy sitting.

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/healt...asp?index=4485
Old 10-12-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As a yoga teacher for 15+ years I can tell you that the way he sits is not only unique in the poker world but the rest of the world as well. Some people spend their entire lives trying to sit like that because it is thought to be the best way to sit and concentrate clearly. We are all born being able to sit like that easily as babies but lose that ability as we encounter stress. I have only known a small handful of people who sit like that and do it for a long time without getting fatigued and they have all been extra-ordinary people. Usually these are people who can handle high levels of stress without breaking down. An awesome tool for a poker player. I would guess that back in his day he would break down his opponents by staying alert longer than they could. I dont know much about the guy but I wouldnt be surprised if he went on some huge tournament/cash game rushes as he adjust to internet players.

fwiw

yoga

[/ QUOTE ]

**Grunching**

yogadude,

I think you're nutty.

Wires