Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Official February Thread: General Discussion/etc

one thing though TWP, im sure this is the right thing your doing (not that you need me to say this) but just remember that while playing that your playing for 3 months, not to see if it would work going pro. but then maybe going pro would be the right thing to do. who knows.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not changing paths. I'm just taking 3 months off from work to play full-time. I will then go back to my job. I am doing it because I am really hitting the burn-out point at work and need to take a nice long break, and also because I feel like I have not been able to come close to my potential at poker because I play so sporadically and my mind is always on other things, so I wanted to give myself the shot to see how good I can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if after 3 months you do get as good as you can be, especially profit wise, you will turn your back on this and go back to your job? i only say this as this is why i am not deferring a year, as even if it goes well, it could be a bad thing in the life-term.

as for my goals:
for feb: play as many hands as possible. only play 1-2nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

j kane,

why are you just playing 1/2?(I ask because I was doing the same thing up until this week, so curious about others who do the same)
Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 PM

and cts could you please add to your list of feb plans:

"give john kane bankroll for 3-6nl or 5-10nl and he will make me lots of money passively"

or

b."i will combine my winnings with john kane's winnings and then we will go 50:50 on the total amount"

pppllllleeeeeaaassssseeeeee.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are people game selecting Stars? I've got basically no experience on the site so I don't even know who the regulars are. I'd be willing to pay for a comprehensive Stars 5/10, 10/20 buddy list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically the games on stars are always great, the only table selection you need it to stay away at all costs from tables included Deanrover6 (rumored to be bldwsttrs alt. account).
Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not changing paths. I'm just taking 3 months off from work to play full-time. I will then go back to my job. I am doing it because I am really hitting the burn-out point at work and need to take a nice long break, and also because I feel like I have not been able to come close to my potential at poker because I play so sporadically and my mind is always on other things, so I wanted to give myself the shot to see how good I can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if after 3 months you do get as good as you can be, especially profit wise, you will turn your back on this and go back to your job? i only say this as this is why i am not deferring a year, as even if it goes well, it could be a bad thing in the life-term.

as for my goals:
for feb: play as many hands as possible. only play 1-2nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

j kane,

why are you just playing 1/2?(I ask because I was doing the same thing up until this week, so curious about others who do the same)

[/ QUOTE ]

i was about to link the thread in BBV where i moaned about having won lost 4 buyins in 1,000 hands at 2-4nl when i tried to take a shot but i guess it got deleted.

basically i can beat 1-2nl for around 7 to 8ptbb/100 with mt ratio of about 7 or so and its a comfortably hourly rate.

ill move up only when i feel ready, which will hopefully be after a month of winnings lots at 1-2nl

it does suck, im a winner at 2-4nl, a winner at 3-6nl, i just dont fancy the swings at the moment.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:42 PM

-Play 100 hours of cash games
-Take shots at bigger games when Matusow is tilting or the games are great
-Continue to game select well
-Finish my taxes
-Final table a FTOPS event
Old 02-01-2007, 12:46 PM

Hoosier, who are you on ftp?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:01 PM

all i want is to play a lot of poker and to not blow my brains out before feb is over
Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I spent the last part of January working on my game and playing with tougher players, using no game selection or anything. I'm going to start this month by game selecting again. I can game select FTP by datamining/Sixth Sense. How are people game selecting Stars? I've got basically no experience on the site so I don't even know who the regulars are. I'd be willing to pay for a comprehensive Stars 5/10, 10/20 buddy list.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 PM

how does sixth sense work?
Closed Thread