Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Ask mmbt0ne about another poster. Round 2.

Twas exaggeration for comedic effect, though IIRC he phrased it as a poll with neither option being the correct answer.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:10 AM

FlyWF,
What about do you refrigerate coke thread?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:24 AM

t0ne,

Not really about another poster but how do you feel about LDO, aments, and the unnecessary IMO?

On a poster note how do you feel about POG and its posters?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which was stupider:

1. The thread where Daliman asked whether .08 BAC was 8% or 80% of your blood being alcohol.

2. That time where some dude argued that soft drinks(Coke, etc.) were dehydrating.

???

Also, for bonus points, do you remember who it was in #2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely Dali. I think almost everyone has at least heard that soft drinks are dehydrating before, so there's kind've an excuse for that.

I don't remember who #2 was, but I do remember some awesomely simple yet condescending responses from ED in both threads. I also remember IggyWH arguing that it was smarter to keep your cokes upside down in the fridge.

[ QUOTE ]
t0ne,

Not really about another poster but how do you feel about LDO, aments, and the unnecessary IMO?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find LDO to be quite useful in the context of BBV-level discussions. It has a distinct meaning, and gets it across very quickly.

lol -aments was very funny in it's initial usage. However, like most things BBV, got entirely played out by the followers trying to make their mark as the funny poster. Really, if we ridiculed more people into realizing how lame this is I think the creativity in the BBVs would skyrocket and bring untold funny to the masses.

Unnecessary IMO is terrible. The worst part is, I've fallen in to using it in posts. Sometimes I catch myself and take it out, sometimes not. Even worse, I think it to myself and clearly pronounce it out "eye-moh" instead of eye-emm-oh.

[ QUOTE ]
On a poster note how do you feel about POG and its posters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never really ventured in there too often unless Stuey pm'd me about a contest he was starting. They seem to have a lot of fun doing what they do though, so good for them. It needs to be said, however, goddamn do they post a lot. It's weird to see someone with 11,000 posts who you've never heard of before. Then you see that they reg'd 8 months ago and you already know how it happened.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

tone, what do you know about me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FlyWF,

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the upside down can thread or another one(who doesn't refrigerate beverages? Oh, man, just the possibility of that thread existing is tilting me.)? I only remember the upside down can thread.

The worst part of that one was he had clearly put thought into his decision and even had a scenario that "proved" his way was better. It was sort of like watching an amputee put together Legos.

The best part was a few weeks later when he made a post in the Coke Zero thread that included pictures of the various beverages and someone FYP'd him with inverted pictures. One of the more cutting FYPs in interweb history, imo.

'tone,

The unnecessary imo is both clearly retarded and completely irresistible. Once you start doing it it is impossible to break the habit.

The best part about this thread is the wealth of 04 and 05 reg dates.

So here's a big one: What era of 2p2 was the best? Could sometime graph 2p2 quality over time?

I think late 05 early 06 was the peak, but that was also the time of my most serious poker playing and I mostly confined myself to STTF back then.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FlyWF,

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the upside down can thread or another one(who doesn't refrigerate beverages? Oh, man, just the possibility of that thread existing is tilting me.)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I first thought of the upside down can thread, then I thought Pudge actually meant:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post6724547
Old 11-28-2007, 01:47 AM

assuming you know enough about me to answer this,

-what's something relevant about me you think people don't know, and something people perceive about me that isn't actually true?
-what would happen if Anacardo and I met in real life?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:54 AM

Upside down can thread is stupider, warm coke is weirder. Personal tastes vary, but putting cans upside down in your fridge for cleanliness purposes is just dumb.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:12 AM

t0ne

Times are strange. We started here at almost the exact same time. I remember constantly reading posts by or talking to people like you, CMI, and JasonT. Those days are far gone and I took a long break from the forum. Now I come back with a tiny bankroll and trying to learn NL. I see people like Clayton and sponger making sick amounts of money when they were basically always at the same skill level as me.

Is you situation similar in that you are more busto now and wish you had stuck with it like them? Do you like the forums from back then more or now? And how in the HELL did sponger get good at poker when I could always get a confidence boost by seeing his graphs in the past??