Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: New Software. FTP HUD with 3-bets %!! Free!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like RT is destroying or moving the HHs from the HandHistory file. I suppose that this is automatic. I still want to use PT, so my temp fix will be to set RT to archive to a folder labeled "Unprocessed PT," and just point PT there instead of the HandHistory file.

Easy enough, but I'm curious if others are doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you somehow checked the "Move processed hand histories" box? It's on the Preferences->Stars Settings menu (assuming you play on Stars) If you are using PT to process the files after playing, you should leave it unchecked and have PT move the files over.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:34 PM

I modified a couple of my cards0.png files, to try and make the corner transparency issues end. It worked, the cards have a much cleaner edge/corner. The actual text for the numbers, on the card faces, still appears somewhat jagged. I am not smart enough to know why, or how to fix that. These are still a definite improvement over my typical cards0.png

Here are some screengrabs, and the actual cards0.png's Feel free to use them as you see fit. Hopefully you think they look a little bit better.

I tried to send you this via PM, so as to not clutter your thread. Your PM inbox is full or over your quota or sumtin. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Version 7.3

Version 7.4

Version 7.5
Old 09-02-2007, 01:51 AM

Nice job fozzy. Any chance I could include those in the next build?

Regards the jaggies on the numerals, I'm fairly sure it's because I'm scaling the image with the table size. They look good at 1:1 but as you know what FTP does is have a series of sizes and rather than scaling one image they pick the image appropiate for the size of table.

I should have a look at the masking. Do you know if the png format has an alpha layer for the corners? The drawing function looks as if it should use one if it is present. But I could be wrong - it would help to know if there was alpha there for sure.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:09 AM

Of course, thats why I made em.

All of my normal .PNG's have transparency, yes. These cards I made here, dont have I doubt. I basically filled in the normal transparent areas with black, to clean up the edges.

I recently started working on stars cards too. They use BMP with an associated .a.BMP mask file. I start with a PNG file (with transparency) then use a PNG2BMP converter to convert the PNG into a BMP and the .a.BMP.

Would you like me to make those same 3 cards0.png decks in this manner? I don't know if you can get your HUD to display the BMP/.a.BMP?

I would be glad to chat and work with you to try and solve it. I would be more than willing to share my original Photoshop files if those would be of assistance, also.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:39 AM

hi, sry to be a pest :-\
i downloaded this and set FPHG for observed hands, my screen party screen name for history folder, and for archived history i put the folder that PT sends the history files once its processed them. is this all correct?
when i say rebuild database, it asks:
clear databases before input?
will this delete all my poker tracker hand histories? :-\
the first time, i clicked no, and it scanned a load of them, then i went on party poker to see if it worked, but realtime said, check your screen name (but i had my screen name correct) and there was no numberes from HUD on the poker tables and no VPIP 0/6 fish on the HUD window :-\
is there something iv forgot to do?
when i closed and re-opened the HUD, it said it couldnt find cards0.png, did i need to put this in the blank folder along with realtime.exe. it didnt say this in the readme file.

thnx for any help
Old 09-02-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hi, sry to be a pest :-\
i downloaded this and set FPHG for observed hands, my screen party screen name for history folder, and for archived history i put the folder that PT sends the history files once its processed them. is this all correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

good

[ QUOTE ]

when i say rebuild database, it asks:
clear databases before input?
will this delete all my poker tracker hand histories? :-\

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it means the realtime database which is seperate from PT

[ QUOTE ]

the first time, i clicked no, and it scanned a load of them, then i went on party poker to see if it worked, but realtime said, check your screen name (but i had my screen name correct) and there was no numberes from HUD on the poker tables and no VPIP 0/6 fish on the HUD window :-\
is there something iv forgot to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

It checks your entered screenname against the table window title, which contains "logged in as xxxxx". If you see that message, the two don't match.

It should still be reading files though. Can you check that fphg is generating them.

[ QUOTE ]

when i closed and re-opened the HUD, it said it couldnt find cards0.png, did i need to put this in the blank folder along with realtime.exe. it didnt say this in the readme file.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you need the cards0.png in the same folder as realtime.exe
Old 09-02-2007, 11:09 AM

aah i got it sorted now, thnx very much for help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
very nice program btw
Old 09-02-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I should have a look at the masking. Do you know if the png format has an alpha layer for the corners? The drawing function looks as if it should use one if it is present. But I could be wrong - it would help to know if there was alpha there for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the png has transparent edge corners (see screenshot below). These show up as white with your current implementation. It looks to me as if the drawing function either doesn't preserve transparency or it might start with a white, non-transparent background and draw on top of that.

In the former case there might be an additional parameter to pass to the function.

In the latter you probably need to make it start with a transparent area before drawing the cards on top of it. It might even be necessary to grab a screenshot of the underlying area and draw that first, then the card image on top of that for fake transparency.

Screenshot of a part of cards0.png in a graphics application at 3200% zoom:
Old 09-02-2007, 12:14 PM

Mike

Do you know what the actual dimensions are of the mucked cards - at the Small Table size? I am wondering how much the HUD scales them down, at the smallest FT Table size?

With respect to the text not being clear when it is scaled:

Would it be possible for your HUD to use multiple cardsx.pngs? Similar to the way the clients use multiple images? Perhaps you can use 3 (or 5) different sized cardsx.png, so your HUD doesnt have to scale the mucked cards.? I could even make 1 or 2 sizes smaller than the cards0.png. I think this would lessen the amount of text distortion based on the scaling.

This doesnt address the corner transparency issue. My previous quick fix is a bit of a crude fix, but I think the idea is sound. I can just fill in the transparent corner area. This gives the cards a sharp corner, instead of my normal mildly rounded corner. Basically giving the cards a little more of a black border.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike

Do you know what the actual dimensions are of the mucked cards - at the Small Table size? I am wondering how much the HUD scales them down, at the smallest FT Table size?

With respect to the text not being clear when it is scaled:

Would it be possible for your HUD to use multiple cardsx.pngs? Similar to the way the clients use multiple images? Perhaps you can use 3 (or 5) different sized cardsx.png, so your HUD doesnt have to scale the mucked cards.? I could even make 1 or 2 sizes smaller than the cards0.png. I think this would lessen the amount of text distortion based on the scaling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funny you should mention that because I had the same idea myself. I was thinking of reading all the FTP images (not just cards0.png) and scaling them at 1:2 - that should look reasonably good - it seems to be just the fractional scaling that gets muddy. The smallest scale I use for cards0.png is 1:2. I forget the exact dimensions.

[ QUOTE ]

This doesnt address the corner transparency issue. My previous quick fix is a bit of a crude fix, but I think the idea is sound. I can just fill in the transparent corner area. This gives the cards a sharp corner, instead of my normal mildly rounded corner. Basically giving the cards a little more of a black border.

[/ QUOTE ]

The function, I'm using, CImage::AlphaBlend, definitely should do per-pixel alpha. I guess there must be a prob with the way I'm loading the .png files. I'll have another look.