Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, in order to get mainstream media cable news channels to cover this in a way that is more critical of AP is impossible without it immediately launching into an attack against all online poker. Not saying whether this is a cumulative positive or negative, but I think it is all or nothing, realistically, pr-wise for online gaming as a whole.

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

Understand me very clearly when I say that this post is 100% correct and we are trying to walk a very fine line. We are not done with AP by a long shot, but we have to proceed in a way that exposes the one rotten apple in the basket and does not throw away the entire thing.

As I said, expect more dramabombs. However, do not expect the media to be able to savage AP without also savaging online poker *until* AP is fully exposed as a rogue operator. That would be unrealistic, since the only way they can do a balanced story is by letting AP respond, however stupidly. In the meantime, we are doing our best to get there without upsetting the apple cart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think online poker is safer today than it was a month ago.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

I hate to say this, but I think this is going to be a hollow victory. There's such a lack of visibility into who controls what in this basically unregulated (except by shams like KGC) industry that "AP" could be dissolved and these same guys could easily be running other operations, except they'll probably be more careful now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the IRS looking into unreported income angle for the AP top brass

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these guys even paying taxes to the IRS? If you're gonna launch an online poker site, aren't you pretty much renouncing your ability to set foot in the U.S. ever again (or at least until the legislative landscape changes) without being arrested?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, in order to get mainstream media cable news channels to cover this in a way that is more critical of AP is impossible without it immediately launching into an attack against all online poker. Not saying whether this is a cumulative positive or negative, but I think it is all or nothing, realistically, pr-wise for online gaming as a whole.

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

Understand me very clearly when I say that this post is 100% correct and we are trying to walk a very fine line. We are not done with AP by a long shot, but we have to proceed in a way that exposes the one rotten apple in the basket and does not throw away the entire thing.

As I said, expect more dramabombs. However, do not expect the media to be able to savage AP without also savaging online poker *until* AP is fully exposed as a rogue operator. That would be unrealistic, since the only way they can do a balanced story is by letting AP respond, however stupidly. In the meantime, we are doing our best to get there without upsetting the apple cart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think online poker is safer today than it was a month ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:51 PM

Wait for the official statement before exposing it for the lies its going to be. If you put out the new info now they will have time to incorporate it into their BS.

[ QUOTE ]
saw this on p5- supposedly the first email that AP will send out to its customers

"Dear Valued Player,

Absolute Poker has identified an internal security breach that compromised our systems for a limited period of time. The cause of the breach has been determined and completely resolved. In addition, all necessary resources, both internal and external, have been engaged to ensure this does not happen again. Our investigation is not fully concluded, and we wish to thank the extended poker community for any and all assistance related to the matter.

Game integrity has always and continues to be of the utmost importance at Absolute Poker. The Management of Absolute Poker is appalled by these findings, and is committed to our players and to the integrity of our site and the online poker industry.

All players affected by the security breach will be identified during the audit process that has been initiated and all funds, including interest, will be returned. Absolute Poker would like to apologize for the recent events and is committed to diligently working with outside security firms, auditing firms, the extended poker community and the Kahnawake Gaming Commission to ensure the situation is entirely resolved.

A comprehensive statement will be forthcoming shortly providing more details of the situation."

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff's Notes:

"We found the problem guys. We'll make it right, don't worry. There's no need for an audit now; we've fixed everything right up in the most amazing display of competence from AP evar."

Default A very prudent step

I think it would be very prudent to have one of the other tournament players corroberate that the hand histories are accurate for the cards they held -- by matching them up with hand histories that they have, such as in PokerTracker. Even if an AP source has agreed it's accurate, it would be a quick step to add something meaningful to the pile of facts.

I don't believe this type of corroberation has happened. Although the Excel file seems authentic, I think this would be an easy step to take just to make sure. Someone with enough time on their hands could absolutely fake that file.

Josiahw is online at AP, however won't respond to me. I explained what I was trying to do, and he's chatting with other table members but won't give any response to me. He's probably sick of people contacting him about this. Maybe a more promanent 2+2 member could give it a shot?

He's currently crushing the $4500 Guaranteed SS $100 buyin tournament, I wish him the best of luck after what happened to him. He has 60k chips with 8 people left, and the others ar all at 15k or below.

The other tournament players don't seem to be online at the moment, or else I would try contacting them as well.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:53 PM

Mods is this thread perhaps the exception that proves the no athens inferno rule?

Maybe we should reconsider how we view AP, after all they are repaying with interest.

Who would be dumb enough to believe this explanation?

Let me see if I understand this correctly, a computer geek had been engaging in dialog with the company, claiming that he could cheat the system. Of course management never believed him so he decided to prove them wrong.

Now instead of just showing them one example of the super user account - saying here look at this super user account I can see the hole cards, someone can cheat us. Instead he decided to undertake a 3-4 month cheating program.

This involved cheating all the high stakes players out close to $1 million dollars. Cheating the big tourney, cheating the absolute dream package, etc etc.

All this to prove a point?

This is so beyond the realm of believability I can't even fathom anyone dumb enough to believe it.

I can't wait to hear more from the geniuses at AP.

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

plz disregard my prior post asking you to drop addt'l knowledge, its great to see you guys have thought this through this well...prob good I didn't send the story to fox news, then, lol

The idea of KGC revoking the license is a great step towards this (or maybe it's part of the end result). It would lend more credibility to online gaming and regulatory practices and simultaneously punish AP without dissolving them outright.

[ QUOTE ]
We are not done with AP by a long shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Expect more dramabombs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
*until* AP is fully exposed as a rogue operator.

[/ QUOTE ]

*gets popcorn*
Closed Thread