Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Step into the mind of Live donk,,,,

5/5NL 500 max buyin.
Disclaimer: this situation would almost never occur any place but a loose live game with a coupple complete donks.

Background: Villian (utg+1) has been calling 8xBB raises OOP with A-rag all day and has pushed the flop and called with no pair no draw in the past. The game at this point was getting ridiculous. Players calling huge preflop raises (25% of their stack) with terrible hands.

utg open raises to 70 (14xBB). I put him on strong hand obv. but interpreted his huge raise as, " I dont want a million callers in this crazy game". Too bad for him. utg+1 super-donk calls 70. CO calls 70, Hero on btn with 44, decide I have value for set-mining with all these callers and call 70. SB calls 70, BB folds.
5 players Pot $350,
Flop 2 3 9 rainbow
utg checks, which I interpret as overcards giving up. utg+1 open shoves for $140, and I cant say exactly why but I was 75% sure I had him beat. CO folds.
Its only 140 into a 350 pot and I lets just assume I am correct insaying I am ahead here 75% of the time. Problem is if he has a bigger pair, I am drawing slim and even if I have him beat he likely has at least %25 equity. Other problem is BB who seems disinterested could have a hand and utg could over call with overs, so I would need to raise. All of this uncertainty, led me to decide it was too marginal and fold. Should I have taken a shot at it based on my reads? I am pretty sure it wasnt worth and I am not really looking for advice so much as am curious if anyone would have considered a call here?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Step into the mind of Live donk,,,,

If villain had 10-9s, 10-J, or similiar he'd play it the same way, same with any pair. I think your behind here most of the times, especially in a 5 handed pot.

What are you putting him on, just overs?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Step into the mind of Live donk,,,,

[ QUOTE ]
If villain had 10-9s, 10-J, or similiar he'd play it the same way, same with any pair. I think your behind here most of the times, especially in a 5 handed pot.

What are you putting him on, just overs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I realized after I posted this that:
1) this is so game specific that there isnt much value in posting.

2) Even with a very specific read, its still not worth it and I was just being results orientated.

Results: Villain pushed with A6o (two overs)
I folded and blind folded, original rasier called with AJo, and won with Ace high.

Summary: the guy sucks but this spot wasnt worth it.