Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: WPEX/WSEX Official Monthly Thread October/November (13 of 13)

There is something bugging me quite a bit on WSEX:

NL game (3 or more players in the pot):
When someone (re)raise AI for less then a full raise it counts as a full raise and there is a new round of betting not just calling/folding to the AI raise.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 AM

yeah plase fix the blind no raise option bug. a few times today i've gotten AA vs QQ and such in blindwars and since my opponent wasn't able to re-raise me preflop, this has cost me money.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:53 AM

I apologize.

It should be fixed now, along with several other previously reported bugs.

Fred
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NL game (3 or more players in the pot):
When someone (re)raise AI for less then a full raise it counts as a full raise and there is a new round of betting not just calling/folding to the AI raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the normal rule on this? More than 1/2 the amount of last raise should open it up? Or strictly a full reraise?

I'm not a NL guy, obv. We play a 1/2 allin reraise opens the door in my home game.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 AM

I was thinking that the 1/2 raise didn't seem right, and Wiki says it has to be a full reraise to open the betting.

So, Fred, I guess that's one to add to the list: partial all-in raises should not open the door to further reraising. I'm assuming the poster above is correct about the behavior on the site ... I don't play enough NL online to say.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Temp 100% Rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If WSEX manager is reading this thread, they could learn a lot. I mean come on, every week, we get a useless email about the rakeback made, but they never send out emails about their promotions, how would they think that their players or people knows about it, 90% people don't read 2+2 all the time.

Still, the traffic has definitively pick up during this promotion, but it would be a lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]
They DO send emails...perhaps you're not getting them for some reason? I set up an account a couple of months ago, but haven't played there yet...got an email last Friday about the 100% RB promotion.

I see MicroBob didn't get an email either...do they have an opt-in/out choice for promotional emails you guys might have chosen differently than others?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had an e-mail from them in many months. I used to get a rakeback e-mail every week, haven't seen any of those either.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Contemporaneous thread

I like the suggestions to change wording of adverts from 'rakeback' to 'we pay you to play poker'. Getting rid of 'rakeback' has been suggested before. It's such a dead word compared to alternatives like 'bonus' or 'pay'.

How about 'Biggest Bonus in Poker!' With the last weekly high earn: 'WPEX_grl' earned $4,500 in Bonus last week!'

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely the way to get the fish to play.

Fish don't understand rake and rakeback, but they do understand bonus, and being paid to play. Just tell them that they more they play the more they get paid, every Monday, automatically, no deposit bonus, no promotion codes, just play poker and get money back.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Contemporaneous thread

I like the suggestions to change wording of adverts from 'rakeback' to 'we pay you to play poker'. Getting rid of 'rakeback' has been suggested before. It's such a dead word compared to alternatives like 'bonus' or 'pay'.

How about 'Biggest Bonus in Poker!' With the last weekly high earn: 'WPEX_grl' earned $4,500 in Bonus last week!'

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish don't understand rake and rakeback, but they do understand bonus, and being paid to play. Just tell them that they more they play the more they get paid, every Monday, automatically, no deposit bonus, no promotion codes, just play poker and get money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been said 150 million times, GM will not reply to this suggestion.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Contemporaneous thread

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Then his site deserves to die, just like it is doing.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Contemporaneous thread

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, no reply at all as far as I can remember. Does anyone know why?