Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: who owns fulltilt?

It's probably correct to assume if these American citizens/apparent FTP owners(Ivey, Lederer, Bloch, etc.) are being paid revenues/paychecks from Full Tilt, it is going to off-shore accounts, or their Full Tilt account. No way they would be stupid enough to accept paychecks from an online gambling site to a US bank account in the midst of all the online gaming troubles in the US and the legal battles ensuing.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's probably correct to assume if these American citizens/apparent FTP owners(Ivey, Lederer, Bloch, etc.) are being paid revenues/paychecks from Full Tilt, it is going to off-shore accounts, or their Full Tilt account. No way they would be stupid enough to accept paychecks from an online gambling site to a US bank account in the midst of all the online gaming troubles in the US and the legal battles ensuing.

[/ QUOTE ]

A reliable source told me that even though they are part owners, they do not receive paychecks from the site. To be honest, I have no idea how they get paid off the site (maybe through their player accounts like you said but Lederer doesn't seem to play on there?) but I have asked and gotten the answer that they don't get checks from the site for ownership. (I know, it doesn't make sense...just letting you know and it's a very reliable source).
Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Wikipedia.org, so approx 73% accurate

'Full Tilt Poker is an online poker cardroom launched in June 2004 with the involvement of a team of poker professionals, among them Howard Lederer, Phil Ivey, Andy Bloch, Mike Matusow, Jennifer Harman and Chris Ferguson.[1]
One popular feature of the site is a "Tips from the Pros" newsletter which includes tips from the professional players associated with the cardroom. The service is split among two web domains, fulltiltpoker.com, which uses real money, and fulltiltpoker.net, which uses only play money.'

So I guess I was wrong about Clonie Gowen, I'm sure I've heard her name in that group though?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a fool if you believe everything on WikiPedia is a fact.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A reliable source told me that even though they are part owners, they do not receive paychecks from the site. To be honest, I have no idea how they get paid off the site (maybe through their player accounts like you said but Lederer doesn't seem to play on there?) but I have asked and gotten the answer that they don't get checks from the site for ownership. (I know, it doesn't make sense...just letting you know and it's a very reliable source).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, full tilt does pay entry fees for most of their pros and everyone on "team full tilt". That adds up just for the WSOP.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:50 PM

Default You mean Franzese and the mob are connected to the NFL, too ?

Your post about Franzese is full of hot air, no offense. Unless of course you are willing to draw a similar connection about the NFL from this little gem on his website:

"Speaking of terrific - you were beyond terrific! You were incredible. Thank you for lighting up the crowd and enlightening our players. You message was awesome and the players are still talking. Without question, you are the best speaker we have ever brought on campus. Ron George, Dir. Player Development, San Diego Chargers "

Take what you read/hear with a grain of salt before you go accusing people of being mobbed up.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1
Old 09-19-2007, 09:42 PM

all your full tilt are belong to us
Old 09-19-2007, 09:54 PM

Im guessing Ray Bitar has a substantial piece
Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 PM

*resisting overwhelming urge to provide correct answer in order to maintain the spirit of NVG*
Old 09-19-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: You mean Franzese and the mob are connected to the NFL, too ?

> Your post about Franzese is full of hot air, no offense.
> Unless of course you are willing to draw a similar
> connection about the NFL from this little gem on his
> website:

I don't get how the excerpt you posted is relavent (it doesn't make any direct accusations). What did Franzese say about the NFL, exactly, other than warn about traditional pitfalls?

Anyway, online poker is a fairly recent racket. Michael Franzese has supposedly been 'retired' from the mob for some time (i.e., since before online poker came on the scene), so I doubt he's speaking from direct experience. Maybe he has a good pipeline of information coming from his father (Sonny Franzese...a mob legend who is still active in organized crime....curently he's in jail...his other son ratted on him, if you can believe that).

I would not be surprised if the mob is involved in the online gambling industry in some form. Gambling is a traditional mob racket, and there are plenty of examples of the mob being involved in the gaming industry at-large(Vegas, AC, etc.).

By the way, Michael Franzese's first book "Quiting The Mob" (or something similar) is better than Blood Convenant. Actually, Blood Covenant is 80% *identical* to Quiting The Mob, with some (good) material removed and some crummy material added.